Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

This morning I kept getting these surveys hijacking my MS replies on my Android phone wanting me to answer questions about YouTube and Amazon, it was making my phone vibrate constantly.

Closing the browser didn’t work, I had to answer one to make it go away.

Has anyone else seen this?

2 Likes

Yes. I had the Amazon one once this morning but I seemed to shut it down and hasn’t come back.

Yep had to stop using MS on mobile

1 Like

Take the battery out next time…

i got it 2 and it was blooddy annoying

1 Like

My Samsung S7 doesn’t have a removable battery.

I just got the Amazon and YouTube ones again… I answered them but gave fake answers.

If I get them again, I will try a restart and see if that works.

But yes, I might try reverting back to Wifi or PC or my iPad if I keep getting them.

1 Like

CHA-CHING!!

1 Like

Oops wrong thread

8 Likes

I’m getting redirected to these stupid survey sites every time I come on Mediaspy on my mobile.

Is something other than shitposting actually being done? xoxo

I only handle the shitposting. I’ll ping @bacco007 to check the AdSense settings but per previous advice I don’t believe we have control over what ads are served. If people can take note of the domains they’re being redirected to, we can possibly block some of them that way.

:kissing_heart:

If it’s any clue, tt seems to happen more frequently when I hit ‘Reply’ on a thread and the text box pops up, and then I get the redirect. (inb4 “you can’t comment silver lining hawhaw eksdee”).

I’ve had a look and nothing has changed - we can block the ads if we know what they are

I’m not getting any survey popups. I use Opera on Android.

shopping-giftcard-giveaway.today is the URL for my redirect just then. The rest of the URL is absurdly long.

I’ve just started getting them now. It happens when I highlight text to copy and hit the quote button. It’s sending me to an Amazon survey.

Hugs and kisses probably aren’t going to help, but thanks anyway :smile:

He was actually trying to say “down with fascist mods”, but the new filtering software they installed did its job!

7 Likes

Is it possible to send personal messages if you’re on the mod queue (why i’m even on the mod queue I have absolutely no idea)? I tried to respond to a message about an hour ago, but I wasn’t able to.

Don’t know if it’s just an issue with my iPad but in the last few days when I’ve clicked on individual threads, instead of merely taking me to the last unread post - it starts to load past posts as well.

The issue is incredibly annoying since I’ve been having to scroll down to get back to where I should be

2 Likes

Yes this happens on occasions - maybe once a fortnight.
Usually when you click a post and it says (4) as in 4 unread posts then once read it goes from bold to normal.
However today it has once again said (4) you read the 4 and still says 4. If you actually try and click the ‘read’ icon thing it says error 500.

1 Like