Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

Text ads are okay, but they use coloured moving banners, that’s not cool.

While we’re talking about ads, does everybody else get a huge amount of Russian women ads? It’s a bit of a worry, I haven’t been searching for that honest and it only happens on this site and the wife has had to check a couple of times when walking past to make sure the site I’m on isn’t what it looks like.

4 Likes

Haha, I had one too :joy:

Phew, I had visions that I’d be all alone with that post and trying to work out how and why these Russian women were targeting me!

1 Like

I get ones for airport parking in South Australia…

Just tarot readers here which has never interested me in the slightest.

If they were any good you think they would have worked that out!

1 Like

I’m getting serum Ableton ads as well as Asian women ads. Do I sit in a cold dank room and make bangers like the chainsmokers or do I get asian women - I’m gonna go for the former.

are they in your local area and just want you?

1 Like

On my iPad, which does not have ad blocker I get ads for I think was dodgy talent agency’s that ACA have investigated.

However, i’ve just turned off the adblocker off on my laptop and seen this.

Apparently, but there’s not many Russians around in Tassie and they should probably set their sights on someone not married or whose wife is into that sort of thing!

Just a question, what happened to the planned Media Gallery.com.au? Its been awhile since first announce. Is this still going ahead or has it been canned?

4 Likes

My only issues using a phone are the advertising causing the page to shift up and down and also unable to select text to quote a part of a post.

EDIT: Wrong thread!!! Should be in Issues and Suggestions thread…

Sorry I wrote in the wrong thread but that post froze and I can’t edit the errors in it or delete. I have the same issues as Aurora with the advertising causing scrolling problems. Can’t look at a post without it moving or disappearing up or down the screen. Just wanted to let someone know. Feel free to delete the post and this one.

1 Like

Moderators should, as a matter of priority:

• clarify what is permitted to be discussed in threads relating to media organisations such as NewsCorp and Fairfax - e.g. does this include simply staff movements, or issues relating to content;
  • clarify how many times a member is permitted to raise different instances which point to an issue relating to those media organisations;
  • clarify when issues such as, for example, Fairfax having an increased amount of click-bait, or far-left bias, become boring to other members, such that those members become aggravated and claim they are being baited by something (which is not to their personal taste) being discussed in a thread they never use.

If these are not issues which need to be explicitly addressed, then members should be allowed to use their discretion in using the forum. If they are, then please clarify.

1 Like

The rules are clear. Trolling and flaming is a breach of the rules. That’s what has become boring to us members.

3 Likes

How about we have some clear guidelines from the mods on my specific questions, rather than you, yet again, attempting to troll and flame?

My “trolls” and “flames” are actually posts which I spend a lengthy time compiling, linking to the relevant website content, including captures for the ease of reading of people I am apparently “trolling” and “flaming” and explaining why I think it is an issue. Your actual trolls and flames are just follow up snarky tidbits to my posts, angry at why I’ve raised something. And you do it with everyone in the ratings threads too.

We don’t care, mate. We understand the rules.

You are turning every thread political now and along with bad behaviour that is what is “boring” for media spy members.

2 Likes

There you are again. Jesus Christ.

That’s great that you understand the rules. I don’t. I’ve asked for clarification in the form of three very specific questions. Why on earth are you pestering me for doing that?

As for turning every thread political; what a nonsense. Half the political content I discuss is actually in threads titled Federal POLITICS, and US POLITICS. The other half relates to POLITICAL content covered by major media organisations.

Incorrect and you know it.

Frankly, I’ll discuss what I like JBar, as long as it’s relevant to the main topic. If you don’t like it, don’t read it.