Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

Was an update just pushed?

1 Like

Seems like it!

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I rather like this new look. Nice and clean looking IMO. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes there was an update - no thats not the new look, we’ve reverted to what it is prior to the update

5 Likes

Its weird, my Galaxy S7 phone has the old look (blue) back, but my Galaxy S2 tablet still has the newer (orange) look.

Both are on Nougat.

Not a fan of the latest font on the desktop, had to zoom in to stop the pixelation.

Im suddenly getting large ads in post form every two or three posts in a thread?

2 Likes

Yeah me too, only happened in the last week. I sometimes mistake them for caps, so I’m waiting for them to appear then shortly realise they are just ads

1 Like

Haven’t seen any ads - then again, Adblock blocks them.

1 Like

That’s fine on my desktop or laptop but can’t be avoided on my phone.

Same here. I could put up with the smaller ones but these big ones are giving me the irrits.

1 Like

I’m actually getting pretty annoyed. Every time I click a thread it jumps all over the page due to some random ad in the middle of the posts. I hope this can fixed? It’s very annoying. Thanks guys :+1:t2:

2 Likes

we insert ads every 5 posts (which is the default for the ad plugin)

Do they have to be so big?

mfw when people complain about ads on a free site. If it bugs you that much just use the request desktop website option on your mobile browser.

Can’t say I find them particularly obtrusive or annoying on mobile even if they are relatively large. Just means you have to scroll a little more then before…

Google automatically selects the ad size based on your device screen size - we have little control over it.

Not the point of my post mate. I asked a question about these ad’s suddenly appearing. And they are oddly large and they are obtrusive.

Free site or not.

Just install ad blockers.

3 Likes

Thanks for a comment that actually helped the situation.

But then how does this site afford its hosting?

Update on the ads - the way that in the plugin we use the ads are handled changed in the last week, but its had an impact on the mobile ads. Because of the way the upgrades work, we’ve done a significant update to the forum software and the ad plugin at the same time which isnt optimal.

There are changes to how mobile ads are treated coming soon - I dont have an ETA at this stage though

4 Likes