Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

It also helped having a certain Ten employee (not that they’d ever admit that!) around at the time that happily posted demo shares.

1 Like

Back in the early 00’s we had one of the graphic designers from 7 on the forum who used to give inside scoops on relaunches. Those were the days :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Yeah, back when there were actually relaunches to look forward to. They are few and far between these days.

4 Likes

Even more has changed in 10+ years since signing up.

I remember the good ol’ days (around 2005 I think) when the entire ratings thread was put on “mod queue” several times due to the thread being in constant chaos day in, day out because of certain members. :blush: This ended up lasting for an extended period IIRC before eventually being dropped.

There has also being many interesting members to come and go over the years!
For example, I wonder how many of the old-timers on here remember the member ‘Milly’ formerly ‘Ecope’? She joined/visited the forum quiet regularly around 2005/06 and provided a lot of entertainment for certain users - mainly in the ‘HeadLand’ (which aired back in the day on Channel Seven for the uninitiated) and ratings threads. :laughing:

2 Likes

Yes, those certainly were the days!! :grin:

I only remember the username and the fact she always posted in the Headland thread but forgetting the specifics?

There’s been other memorable members like modecko and his fanaticism for Sunrise, Reuder7 and his The Mole avatar, as well as former staffers like Cyril Washbrook, Splashmo etc.

4 Likes

Oh, all blasts from the past!

4 Likes

Something that stuck out to me about the fanaticism of some of the members back then was the fact that signatures (a common forum feature at the time) had to be banned as people would use them to spam their favourite networks/shows.

9 Likes

I can imagine them today “Seven News Sydney and Mark Ferguson sux :-1:”.

Though, adding signatures now might cut down on a lot of posts!

1 Like

Oh wow yes, there’s so much I’ve forgotten about this board…

1 Like

WAKE UP WITH MEL, KOCHIE, NAT, BERRETTS AND GRANT DENYER AT BREKKY CENTRAL | SUNRISE | WEEKDAYS FROM 6 | ONLY ON SEVEN

11 Likes

From memory it was the original focus of the site, but I recall when the decision was made to kill individual threads for media personalities/presenters to cut down on the level of seediness that those threads had.

3 Likes

Ahh the same seediness still seen today on AusCeleb forums. How I miss that here /s :sweat:

2 Likes

Bring back BUCKIE.

1 Like

Who could forget Meerkat. He would froth at the mouth about anything Jo Hall related. Rather disturbing.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure he/she had a very creepy yahoo page dedicated to Jo. Just bizzare.

I think all we need to talk about now is how I’m officially a MediaSpy legend :joy::clap:

I’m unsure what this badge means?

“You’re in the top 10 to 25% of posters on the site for the last month”

1 Like

Hi Guys,

Was there any further developments with this request?