Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

I wonder who would use those words in a post the most :thinking:

4 Likes

@NewsWeary has done a pretty good job at outlining our position, but I’ll also take the opportunity to revisit a number of points

• we have a series of rules that you accept when you join and continue to accept by being a member - these are designed not to be onerous but to provide order
  • the role of site staff is to uphold those rules (and they do a bloody good job at it given its a voluntary role)
  • we discuss contentious issues relating to posts and to users (sometimes at length) - simple matters are dealt with by the staff member who comes across them or deals with the flag that another user as put on a post
  • moderation issues are not discussed in the public forum - if you have a concern, please raise it with a member of staff via private message and if you are dissatisfied with that response through me or @Bort or @TelevisionAU (I may have left out an admin here, sorry if that’s you - if I have edit the post and put yourself on that list)

We don’t remove posts because we’re evil bastards (well @onair is but that’s a different story) and there maybe times where we might remove something that we probably didn’t need to - if you think this is the case please let us know

The jacketgate thread came under a reasonable level of scrutiny by staff due to the sheer number of posts on the topic in a short space of time (like most threads of this nature, the nine news regional thread is another) - there were some posts removed from that particular thread that were not pleasant not were they offering anything constructive

8 Likes

Thank god my posts get screen before they go through. I think a few of them were a bit you know dodgy.
So now I try and stay away from threads that are already in commotion or just stay a completely away from the thread.

1 Like

Is there a reason the “content and Appearrence” for 7 news Forum doesn’t appear

Can you see this topic?

Still not seeing this forum
I made a comment 2 days ago but I srcolll down total forum and it doesn’t appear

try signing out, close browser, sign back in.

Did what you suggested
Still Can’t view "content and Appearances "
I posted a note two days ago and it never appeared.
I scrolled down the latest tab and it never appeared in

ok next try clearing the cache in your browser, closing it down after that and seeing what happens. It’s really weird.

Notice the search function near the top right of the screen? Type in Seven News content and appearances, click on the magnifying glass symbol and the thread should appear on or near the top of search results. Click on the thread title and you are there. If necessary, bookmark content and appearance thread so next time you know where to visit.

See they is no 7 content and appearances

Can you do a screen grab of what happens when you click on “Seven News” in the following menu

Also - go into your user profile and scroll to the following area and click on “Show muted topics” to make sure it is an empty list.

What happens when you click on the link?

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/seven-news-content-and-appearance/103/3149

^ This. If you can see the other Seven News threads, then having that topic on your mute list is pretty much the only possible reason why you’re not seeing it.

This is really weird
When I log tn to media spy i Cant see “Content & Appearrence”
But when om not kg in "Content and Appearrence appears!!!

Did you do as suggested above by TV Cynic and check your muted topics list?

1 Like

When is the next MediaSpy milestone? I was thinking the other day that I have been on this forum for about 10 years now, give or take. It would be great one day if we had a MediaSpy gathering. Only if some are brave enough to leave their homes.

Googlebox: Media Spy edition!

7 Likes

a show that shits on your favourite personalities for a whole hour

I’m sure Mark Ferguson, Belinda Russell, Tim Bailey, Andrew Bolt and Mark Latham (just to name a few) would just love watching Gogglebox: Media Spy Edition! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes