Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

Doesn’t matter if it’s an Android phone and you log in with the same Google account as your PC, tablet or old smartphone; the tailor-made preferences roll over as they did with mine.

Google is a wonderous/dangerous beast.

2 Likes

I have all those settings off, esp the ad tracking ones. Nevertheless websites that choose to carry adsense need to keep an eye on it.

When I try to type in the word “v e t e r a n” (without spacing) in a post, the word shows up as seven small black squares. Why?

veteran Wow I did it too, that’s odd.

Veteran is blacklisted, just like Ayr, near Townsville.

It is not a swearing word, so why is it blacklisted?

1 Like

I think overused words get automatically added to our swear filter :grimacing:

In that case how long until Seven, Nine and Ten are on it?

5 Likes

Wait swear words get blacklisted?

EDIT: fuck

yeah nice

9 Likes

Niiiiiice Gary

8 Likes

Nope, they’re sadly underused.

The top ten includes: v-eteran, Masterchef, Melbourne, @TV.Cynic, and NB/

5 Likes

I suspect Mark Ferguson is also on the list and Musher will be soon. Not sure if HYBPA or TENFAF count as words though.

1 Like

Ayr?

Can’t believe my FAVOURITE administrator forgot Mediaspy’s first ridgey didge meme.

1 Like

It’s that the Ayr that’s near Townsville?

There can only ever be one Ayr…

Except for the one in Scotland :stuck_out_tongue:

Now… I think I made a post in the #jacketgate thread regarding Amber Sherlock and Ayr about a week ago and I think it got deleted.

I was wondering if a mod can confirm and why it was deleted?

In fact, I would like to ask if there is a process regarding post deletions, and if members are informed why?

1 Like

Yes, I have wondered about this a few times as well. It’s pretty pointless deleting posts if there isn’t a system in place to let people know what they have done wrong so that they can avoid repeating it again in future.

3 Likes

I don’t think any of the Mods or the Admins have the time to drop everyone a line every time posts are removed. It is usual that several are removed at once because many are in reply to a post that is in violation of forum rules.

On several occasions when I have informed someone why a post has been removed it has led to a protracted argument about the merits of the post and questions about why others were allowed to remain. None of us want to spend our time here arguing back and forth about the merits of particular posts. Unless you feel very strongly about it, I wouldn’t bother questioning such decisions because, as the rules state, “decisions taken by Media Spy’s moderators are final, and any instructions that are given to members are to be complied with”. I know it sounds harsh but try not to take the decision personally and move on. No one is trying to censor you but perhaps you should try posting your opinion in a more sensible, appropriate way.

In the case of the “Jacketgate” thread there were several posts that were in clear violation of forum rules. I was as harsh as anyone regarding the behaviour of the presenter in question but I was careful to use appropriate language to express my opinion. Several posts in that thread were just rude and uncivil. The discussion was becoming too personal and descending into silliness. We won’t tolerate name calling, hateful or abusive behaviour.

Please feel free to remind yourselves of the rules. Remember there are always grey areas. What I consider acceptable may not be deemed acceptable by another mod or admin. Again, if you feel very strongly that you have been hard done by shoot one of us a polite message and we’ll attempt to justify our actions. It may be necessary for the matter to be discussed amongst the staff first so don’t always expect an instant response. Expect no response or a very terse reply if you can’t manage appropriate language in your message.

11 Likes

On the contrary

2 Likes