Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

That seems reasonable.
I would encourage you to look at Tv Cynic post today under MasterChef. It is one line then a link to facebook and link to Twitter. There is a poster called ‘nationalnews’ under the Hot Seat thread today, the same poster nationalnews under The Voice today. This one has NO comment - just a link. TvCynic under Survior today - one line and a link. These type of posts - 1 sentence and a big huge banner for TvTonight or whatever are the norm on the site. If you would like me to then please ask and I will list 10 examples in the last 72 hours where information is posted in about one line with a link to a different site. So to say that is personally against me is valid. But yes I will await your private discussion.

I can’t just give the info without the quote because all lifted material should be quoted. I can give a disclaimer that its me. MS is a discussion board - other sites are not. Nobody is taking people from your site. These are people that love television that want to discuss.

In fact, a thank you would be nice. That I have good information, contacts, and the like and I am prepared to link, discuss and chat about it here. Some stuff I put up is nowhere else.

Speaking of personal vendettas - does anyone else have a problem where if they scroll up through posts after playing videos, that they all trigger simultaneously? If so, is there anything that could be done.

1 Like

I have an issue whereby trying to fullscreen a playing YouTube video scrolls the window up around 30 posts and starts loading older replies, thus lagging my computer and making it hard to actually watch my video…

Whenever a video is posted here now, I just open it up on the YouTube site itself.

5 Likes

I just noticed in the “Latest” section, there is now an orange line that says “last visit”, which is indicating that all newly updated/created conversations since I last visited are above that line… which I find very useful!

Is this new?

Newish. Maybe a fortnight or so? Possibly less.

1 Like

Yep… This.

Happens on every device I’ve tried to watch YouTube videos linked here (multiple phones, computers and TV).

Also something just mildly annoying is the way the banner ads on mobile. So the ads are the same size as the width of the device but they’re positioned to be inline on an indent with the rest of the text. This makes the page bigger than the device so it doesn’t fit to mobile (the same size as the size of the indent).

Is it a possibility to make the banners fit the screen by (a) making them slightly smaller or (b) moving them across? And yeah nah it is mildly annoying and I won’t die from this hey.

What device are you using? Banner ads on my phone fit the screen.

iPhone SE, I should note it also did this for my old phone too which was a Nexus 6

i’ve upgraded the forum to the latest version - im not going to guarantee things will change, but you never know

3 Likes

I’ve never had a problem using Safari on iPhone 7 or my old iPhone 5S.

YouTube vids have never been able to fullscreen using this software.

Where’s my favourite “Agent Smith” gone? :hushed:

“Mwahahaha” if you get what I mean…

Who’s this Ryan person you speak of Luke? Can’t say I remember him. :thinking:

@Bort :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

“Awww, come on. ‘Bort’?”

1 Like

2 Likes

Come along now Bort.

Who me?

No, my son is also named Bort.

3 Likes

My breakfast spread is also named Bort

11 Likes

Time to print more bort licence.plates?

2 Likes

Off topic, but are Coca Cola doing the ‘name your bottle’ gimmick this year? If so, I think it’s about time you worked on a collection.

Also I’m fairly sure either you or someone likeminded posted the same thing to Compuglobalhypermeganet.

3 Likes