Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

Some friendly advice don’t strain yourself!:rolling_eyes:

Thank you for your concern @Salty. You’re a wise old owl. :laughing:

A conversation with JBar :yum:

4 Likes

Thanks to everyone talking about me behind my back on this thread…

Now, I will ask this for the final time but I want a clear/detailed answer, why can’t I send private messages?

I mean I know why it doesn’t work, but why is that a ‘mod queue’ restriction?

I can’t even send admins / mods private messages.

So my posts (i.e.) here are PUBLIC & it’s rather embarrasing.

So can you please activate private messages, it’d save my posting in a lot of threads, when I just want a discussion with certain member(s), please?

This is a harmless request.

Thank you :slight_smile:

This has already been answered:

1 Like

Sorry if this sounds rude, but you completely avoided & worked your way around my question(s) :expressionless:

I don’t agree. You asked a question, I copied an answer that was already provided.

(i.e.) We can’t allow private messaging on mod queued accounts. It is a system limitation, not ours.

3 Likes

When you are placed on mod queue, your rights are restricted, private messages included.

When the staff feel that it is appropriate to do so, your restrictions will be lifted. This will be at a time the staff decide, not upon request.

1 Like

cant seem to upload anything. It stays stuck on 100% :confused: Had no issues before

Also when you post a YouTube link, in the preview the video shows up properly, but when posted it doesn’t show at all.

Is that happening to others?

I’ve had to post the links as hyperlinks instead for them to show up.

I have always had that issue , not sure if it’s my browser doing that or the forum software.

Try reloading as that usually fixes the issue for me.

@Bluejays1985 @ADstv which browser are you guys using?

@Abesty There’s been a couple of reports of issues with YouTube embedding in posts following software updates. We’ll look into it.

Hey Bort,

Firefox, Safari, (when I’m on Mac) and Edge when I am using Windows 10.

Just wanted to thank all the MediaSpy staff for their work, monitoring & input over 2016 :slight_smile:

Particularly to @TV.Cynic for all the hard work with the ratings and articles!

Keep up the great work, this site is one of a kind.

MERRY CHRISTMAS :christmas_tree:

1 Like

looks at Calendar

27th Nov

“It starts earlier every year…”

13 Likes

Christmas is in November now?

Maybe he’s leaving us?

4 Likes

Just putting my hand up as one of those that cannot insert Youtube videos. As Abesty mentioned, they appear in the preview, but when posted there is nothing. Inserting images is fine just FYI.

I don’t know if this still works but someone else suggested that instead of posting the YouTube URL, click on “Share” underneath the video on YouTube and use the shortened URL. See if that works…

3 Likes