Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

Thanks for that!

Notice a couple changes on the front page just then. The title font is different, there is a big blue button on the bottom right of the screen, and there is more white space on the right side in each thread. Is it due to another new version of Discourse?

Some tweaks in new versions, we’ve also tweaked the styling

Sorry about the outage - we ran out of space

EDIT: damn, if i left it a bit longer, I could have said the site was hosted in South Australia

11 Likes

Actually thought that!

2 Likes

I wasn’t gonna ask if any bulitens has been cancelled due to no power.

Is anyone finding scrolling up or down on a thread when using an iPad infuriatingly jerky?

I feel like throwing my iPad out the window at times, it’s that annoying.

Any suggestions or solutions?

Chucking it onto a concrete floor until it shatters or stomping on it with your work boots? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Make sure you open the window before you throw the iPad through it.

1 Like

And to check the street below, since I live on the 6th floor!

1 Like

When viewing a topic, you have the Suggested Topics listed at the bottom of the screen.

It’s really great having the unread topics listed at the top but then you just see random topics below that. Is it possible to change that to show Latest Topics there instead of just random ones? Just wondering.

Is there any way that the order that images are uploaded and added to a post can be in the order that they are selected (or in alphabetical order) to be uploaded from the computer?

It’s abit annoying when they get jumbled up in the post once uploaded and you have to sort them around into correct order.

Thanks

4 Likes

I dont believe so

If I want to search a single thread for every mention of a word, how do I do it? I tried using the Media Spy search to find ‘Nigella’ in the Masterchef thread (with “Search this topic” checked on), but it told me my search term was too short.

The browser’s search doesn’t work properly either. I thought if I positioned the thread at the posts in early May (when the season started) and scrolled down to August (when it ended) that the Chrome page would contain all posts in between. But it doesn’t, even though the scroll bar acts like it does (also, if you select all and paste into Notepad you only get a fraction of the posts).

I can’t find any way to do it.

Can I please seek some clarification as to why my post last night in the random mocks thread has been removed?

Your post got caught up in a chunk that were removed from that thread. Apologies. It was actually a fair question. I’ll post it here for comment from someone that knows about the capabilities of the forum software.

“Is it possible to set an age/post count threshold in this thread?”

1 Like

When a post gets flagged, do staff get a notification straight away? Also is there mod que on this software, some users could use it…

1. yes, we get notified straight away and any staff online can deal with it ASAP.
  2. yes, there is mod queue.

Any specific concerns, feel free to PM me or the others. :slight_smile:

9 months later…

I still can’t send private messages & haven’t been able to once.

If I were, it’d save a lot of posts I’ve publically posted.

:expressionless:

One of the perks of mod queue - you don’t get access to that feature.

1 Like