Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

Any news on the jumps?

1 Like

Thank you

I dont know - I dont seem to suffer from them as frequently as others, so its hard for me to determine

Also, @moderators would it be appropriate for me to create a new cricket rights deal thread, with the news that

it might be time for a dedicated thread, considering there isn’t a general coverage thread.

Am wary of course of the speculation that inevitably unfolds…

Thanks mods for all the work you do. We do appreciate it (whether we show it or not).

5 Likes

I thought it was just me! :man_facepalming:

Thank you flagging this!

Do likes have a limit? Like is there a maximum where they stop saving? Basically on TikTok it only saves x amount of likes globally in a backwards chronological order, given they only have so much server space, so is there a similar thing on here? Because I’ve (procrastinating over work) and gone back into old threads from COVID, and there are posts that I assume I would have pressed like on (you know how much I do that :joy:), and they aren’t liked.

I’ve got no problem, just wondering.

No jumping for me this arvo on the regular threads - so hopefully it’s fixed (fingers crossed)

4 Likes

Same :+1: Thanks mods!

2 Likes

Also seems fixed for me

3 Likes

All good for me now too on PC and mobile

2 Likes

So far so good here, too :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

either someone is actively deleting my posts or my account is bugging out. Ill post something then it will just disappear 30 secs later?

Maybe stop splitting discussions across topics.

1 Like

The Bluey thread was not the place for a lengthy review of Mariah Carey’s performance at the same event.

18 Likes

No, it was just off-topic. You can read more in the FAQs and TOS. While deleting a post may feel a personal slight against you, it’s really not. And we delete a fair few posts every day, so messaging every poster after deletion would not be possible. If you do have an issue or query about why, you can always message one of the staff.

Wasn’t about getting LIKES, but just stating why it was removed. Again, feel free to read the rules however it’s a fairly basic tenet of messageboards that taking threads off-topic is discouraged.

No problem with that. But you have to also realise your version of ‘lightning the mood’ may be off-topic or against the grain of discussion as well.

Enjoy your trip.

3 Likes

I have no idea what the point of that would be. But you do you.

5 Likes

Well I mean, I understand if it’s insulting, or offensive posts, then fair enough, delete them. But for instances like Kushaa’s post of Mariah Carey, wouldn’t it have made more sense to move it to the Random Thread instead of nuking it?

1 Like

My thoughts exactly.

Earlier today I had actually suggested for @Kushaa to post semi unrelated tidbits to the Random Thread discussion, by quoting the previous message from the original thread, and then to expand on it more from there so then that way there is no risk going off-topic since it is a free-for-all discussion, as long as it is appropriate of course.

2 Likes

When browsing on chrome mobile, posts tend to jump a few posts back, or a few posts forwards…. Don’t know if this happens to anyone else?

Update only seems to happen in the radio sub-forum…. Not happening here.

3 Likes