Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

Can someone open the Ch17 thread? I want to needlessly speculate that it will be Ten’s foray into establishing a $3bn 24 news channel.

32 Likes

Ok but why do we need to know why they aren’t on air?
If they are taking a day of leave, it’s no different to you taking a day at work. Why broadcast what the person is doing when it adds nothing to the conversation other than “I’m outraged Nat isn’t at work today to go to a equestrian competition”? It’s fodder.

I have no issues with the odd update on presenting changes, but I think just like threads full of daily caps of sunrise when there isn’t anything different to the day or week before in them, pointless.

2 Likes

Rob Brough emotes anyone?

4 Likes

Totally get what you’re saying but let’s be honest - the site is called Media SPY.

Would think the “spy” aspect of the site name wouldn’t work well if we didn’t discuss why presenters aren’t on air and what they’re up to.

It would be a fairly boring place.

Me? I’m sitting here in studio 2 at Triple M Newcastle running the footy broadcast, having tipped the Raiders and getting shitty with the Knights because they’re leading.

I notice the reply button has disappeared from the COVID thread. Is it just me?

1 Like

Same here, there is no reply button for me either.

1 Like

Also gone for me

2 Likes

works for me

1 Like

looks ok to me

1 Like

That’s strange. The button has disappeared for some members but not for anyone else.

1 Like

It was gone for me earlier but just reappeared. If it’s still not there maybe clear cache, cookies and try again?

1 Like

The button has now returned for me.

1 Like

It’s alright for me.

Just wondering if the mods can reopen the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 thread? There is a report that Seven may claim the Australian FTA rights.

3 Likes

done

3 Likes

I see a number of users have their profile as hidden. Is this a user setting ? Even some Mods have it on and you are unable to message them.

I think you can if you go to your profile, and then the Messages tab, and then clicking on the “New Message” button

2 Likes

@OnAir time to re-open the Channel 17 thread

what channel was announced?

The name on the signal was renamed as “gecko”.