Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

Try it now

Much better! Thank you :upside_down_face:

OK - I’ll adjust the overnights. It might take a while to filter through to other reports.

No worries at all. Doesn’t have to be adjusted in the past ones etc. even if it’s just from here out for overnight would be great.
Thank you!! :slightly_smiling_face:

Click the time icon - top right - that says when the post was made.

Use the pop up to copy the link and paste that link anywhere you want.

2 Likes

Yes - that’s how it works.

1 Like

Not really a ‘problem’ as such but this just turned up as I was scrolling:

2 Likes

what have you been googling? :eyes:

2 Likes

Probably media stuff considering Sandra sully came up. I had to block the ads because there were so odd things that came up.

1 Like

Familiar … lol no idea who that is behind her .

Floor manager it seems

2 Likes

There has been some discussion this afternoon regarding the usefulness of posting who is presenting what on various programs across the forum. I’m of the opinion that if it doesn’t generate discussion then there’s little point in mentioning it while others seem to see some value in noting daily presenter changes. The issue has been raised before and there was some discussion amongst site staff about including a seperate “Presenter Update” thread for those that find the information useful.

Interested in opinions of members:

• Separate presenter topic.
  • Leave as is. It ain’t broke.

0 voters

Open to other suggestions or ideas.

2 Likes

There’s been a few posts (including from a moderator) about the importance or lack there of, of posting who’s presenting what show/ bulletin and who’s filling in for who etc and literally the next post does exactly that. Just thought it was funny is all.

1 Like

I’d have thought the number of posts criticising the initial “x is presenting tonight” etc posts would be more annoying and thread-cluttering but maybe that’s just me.

Just scroll on if you’re not interested. Others probably are.

5 Likes

Na no way. This forum is full of threads being updated multiple times on a daily basis of who’s presenting what and it doesn’t generate any conversation 99% of the time. There is just no purpose at all of keeping such record. The moderators clearly agree as NewsWeary commented and a few have “liked” the posts questioning the need to do it.

1 Like

No mate here’s what was meant:

If they are the normal presenter then it is not needed to post about it, but someone filling in is a valid post.

I disagree on both though.

What is the point? It doesn’t generate conversation. Why bother? For what purpose are we keeping record?

1 Like

For what purpose does this forum exist? Why bother talking about media issues at all?

1 Like

That is absolutely not the same thing.

The point of a forum is for conversation. Noting that Hugh Riminton presented tonight doesn’t generate a conversation.

Why does that information need to be recorded?

Anyway I’ve said it a few times. No point repeating myself. My opinion on the subject is quite clear and as I said it’s quite clear how the mods feel about it too.

That could be a compromise for those who like to do it. Keep it to one singular thread where it’s not going to flood the rest of the forum. I really like that idea.

4 Likes