Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

Why don’t Newscorp links embed any more? Is this a change on Media Spy or Newscorp causing this?

Why was Mock Commentary Teams thread closed?

I was also searching for the Newscrop links.

Is it time to make a Federal Election 2022 page? 1 for media coverage and the other for predictions

1 Like

Perhaps we start the predictions thread once Scott Morrison calls the election.

1 Like

We are comfortable opening threads once an election is called, I believe.

3 Likes

In saying that though there is already so much hype around this already plus we already know an election has to be called this year.

Not just this year, it has to be held by 21 May.

I think Scomo has to go to the GG tomorrow (Sunday) to dissolve both Houses of Parliament? There’s basically no time left.

Easter Monday is the latest he can call a May 21st election (being the latest possible date for the senate election).
But if it isn’t called and parliament dissolved tomorrow all the MPs have to be back in Canberra for parliament to sit this week.

What is the reasoning for the delay? What does ScoMo gain by holding out for the eleventh hour?

It can either be held on the 14th or 21st of May 2022

In the past, one reason has been that the government delays it because of adverts they can run. Once an election is called, they have to suspend all public adverts where they spruik any goverment work that has been done because it may deemed to be political advertising and that can’t be done using public funds.

You might have noticed that they have recently been running adverts about how well the government has been handling Covid and some infrastructure work they have been initiated. This sort of advert can give them a boost so once an election is called, it must stop.

1 Like

What are these RED icons I’m seeing?
Are they the “pinned” icons?
I recently updated my iPad to iOS 15, so maybe something to do with that?

Means relaunch. Seven updated their news look today.

8 Likes

The mods updated those thread titles with the red alarms because of the relaunch.

8 Likes

RELAUNCH BABEYYY

11 Likes

It’s like Christmas :rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah we use the claxons when there is a relaunch of something or another.

1 Like

Is anyone else getting “502 Bad Gateway” message on MediaSpy?

1 Like

Heads Up

We’ve got to do some upgrades - there will be a little bit of downtime while they happen

5 Likes