Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

It’s all great that the ads cover cost but I guess having extra money could make improvements to help get more members to the site.

3 Likes

I reckon a few posters ceasing posting would do that anyway.

1 Like

Is there any reason the image upload limit is now 5 at a time?

Previously there was no limit.

2 Likes

I wasnt aware there was a limit - try now

3 Likes

@bacco007 Thanks for that, no limit now.

Another thing I have been wondering about. Is there any settings you can change so that when you upload images, there is no space between each of them? (the text code in the message, between the “)” and “!” for each separate image.

Previously there was no such space, but for a while now there has been one. Which makes even when you change the image size in the text code, each image still appears on a separate line, rather than as a grid. If you want to make them like a grid, you have to manually delete the space.

But I am sure once upon a time by default there was no spacing.

1 Like

Couple of things.

Would people still be joining this site born in the early 2000’s onwards? It might seem out dated compared to social media to them.

Secondly.

This ad is weird because you cannot order it unless you live in the USA. I think I’ll stick to the 6 month dental cleanings.

2 Likes

I was going to report the thread headings and tiles had gone off for me on mobile, but they’ve now just returned to normal. I got a capture just before it fixed itself:

3 Likes

I can think of a few… @Leo_Puglisi6 being one.

6 Likes

Yes, there are plenty of 2000s kids on here.

4 Likes

Would that fall under issue, idea, or suggestion? :thinking:

4 Likes

If that was a response to me? I think i posted in the wrong thread lol.

1 Like

In regards to the gender politics going on in the Sunrise thread:

Personally I feel like we need a bit more moderation on topics like this because many people have strong opinions on the topic, including myself, and it is impossible to have a discussion on it because no one is willing to listen to other peoples ideologies without being shut down.
Plus it goes way past the topic of media. It always turns into arguments and discourages open conversation. (I personally feel like I cannot reply to the topic because I’d be shut down by certain members).

Does anyone else have any views on this?

2 Likes

The idea of changing ideologies doesn’t sit well. The whole point of discussing a topic is to bring fourth opinions and have a civilised discussion. It shouldn’t be dsesigned for people to change their ideologies , but rather expresses them in a safe environment without being attacked.

1 Like

I have edited my post. I meant that people are not willing to listen to other people’s ideologies without shutting others down. The stuff happening in the Sunrise thread is way past a discussion and is now an argument because they all think that their opinions are right.

There is obviously nothing wrong with having an opinion of course.

1 Like

Seemed like a fairly open conversation to me? You had people sharing opinions on both sides offering their personal views, it did extend a little beyond the nature of the thread and could’ve been moved elsewhere to continue if necessary.

There was only one member that I could see who actively tried to close off conversation with anyone who offered a differing or alternative view, but that seems like a consistent trend.

This is also a written forum, someone’s intent with what they’re writing can be interpreted differently to fit your narrative based on how you perceive it when reading it. Always good to keep that in mind in these sort of situations.

3 Likes

I agree, if we can’t have a civilised discussion then I think the policy needs to change on who can really post topics in certain threads. The political thread gets heated quite a lot on both sides and I will put my hand up and say I have caused a few dramas , after being time away from thr forums it did give me concern that this is not appropriate behaviour.

1 Like

This could also been the solution. Just move the comments to the Gender thread.

As you mentioned about politics, I can’t remember the last time I actually opened that thread (since I prefer to keep my views mostly private) so it is probably best that the conversation is moved and doesn’t interfere with the conversation on Sunrise.

1 Like

Happy for the discussion to continue there…while the original comment may have been directed about Sunrise, the discussion quickly moved off-topic.

The “issue” is not limited to Sunrise and while it’s a presentation gripe, it’s not a natural fit for the NEWSCAF threads.

3 Likes

Hi Mods:

Due to Seven succeeding buying Prime Media Group, what will happen to the Prime7 and GWN7 and Prime7 and GWN7 Local News threads? Will they be locked?

1 Like

Will cross that bridge when we come to it

3 Likes