Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

I would have thought it was allowed since this is a discussion forum but obviously I was wrong and I would have thought others members would have benefited from it as other times it was allowed.

If we wanted to see the journo’s tweets, we would have gone onto Twitter. Keep the threads media-related.

2 Likes

He was obviously posting in the Discussion of Impact thread, not in the media coverage thread.

1 Like

We don’t need a live blog, that’s all I’m saying.

Whilst I agree posting every comment of every journo is a bit much, if you’re gonna have that mentality half of the posts on this forum would be redundant.

3 Likes

Was more referring to the COVID related threads. I don’t think the ‘discussion of impact’ thread was needed.

Same could be said about your thread then.

4 Likes

No one’s making you go in there, but it’s hard to avoid Jason as every single time there’s one case somewhere he floods all the COVID-19 threads with tweets and journalistic commentary.

They aren’t the same thing.

pot calling the kettle black dont you think?

let’s avoid taking pot shots at each other shall we

10 Likes

Should we start a thread about the wa election.

Done. Check it out on the “New” tab.

1 Like

Thank you very much.

1 Like

If the Victorian Government does announce a short lockdown for Melbourne today, should the existing Melbourne Lockdown thread (which was closed in November last year at the end of the second wave) be reopened? Or do we continue discussion in the existing Discussion of Impact thread?

What’s the point of having a “New Topic” button when you merge everything?

There are plenty of specific threads in the TV History section for various eras of the main channels, individual shows and some individual channels, so I don’t get why the thread I started on “C7 Sport and Sports Australia” was locked and merged into a generic thread on “pay TV” when the whole reason I started it was because I couldn’t find any existing discussion on the topic.

Surely leaving it as a seperate thread makes it easier for people who can contribute to the thread to find it, and then for people interested in the future to find the info too.

4 Likes

I agree with this, C7 for example gets brought up every few months, it’d be good to have a thread to direct people with when they ask for info about it, we could put images and videos in there too. Make conversations easier, and searching for info better streamlined.

1 Like

Can someone please direct me to the thread (if there is one) for discussing general news events?

https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/general-news-events-coverage-discussion/

2 Likes

There are two topics. This first one is for discussion of news event.

You should post items that are just reports of a news events here.

The other topic is for how the media is covering news events. This is only for how TV News etc is covering an event.

4 Likes

Should we create a thread for Seven’s Motorsport Coverage, given how most of the recent posts in the Seven Sport thread are about motorsport?