Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

Are people uploading images and content to mediaspy? Should this not be locked down to prevent the server being chock full of crap? I’m hosting my own images which I thought I read in the rules.

Was the implementation of a ‘like’ feature intentional or accidental? Nonetheless, I don’t mind it.

are you referring to this? If so, I thought that would only be copyrighted materials - images from Foxtel etc that I post aren’t necessarily copyrighted, they are sent through from publicity or posted on their publicity site for usage.

Post Only Your Own Stuff

You may not post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission. You may not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or for breaking any other law.

@MarkHD I thought I read somewhere in the rules about hosting your own stuff as well such as PhotoBucket, Flickr, YouTube etc.

ok didn’t see any of that, off I go looking again… cheers :smiley:

@MarkHD last paragraph of Media Spy - Forum Rules

1 Like

ahh painful. Thanks Al.

1 Like

I know someone mentioned this before, but an we remove the edit time restrictions as it is a tool I use regularly. Yesterday I posted about who is presenting Sunrise and today, instead of posting another post which I got into trouble in on the former website, I was going to edit the original post to add info about today’s show but I can’t.

Would you say that you… like it?

9 Likes

I too prefer to having the bar at the top.
This new site is a great improvement, well done ppl.

1 Like

Did you check your junk/spam folder? We’ve had plenty of people sign up with hotmail without issue.

I’ll activate the Hotmail account and close the gmail one for you.

I’ve had a bit of a hard time confirming my Hotmail address - needed to re-send the confirmation email around five times before I received it.

You definitely have problems with registration. I did not get the registration email last night, nor on multiple attempts to re-send it. Eventually I tried another user name (triton333), but it wouldn’t let me use the same email address, so I had to create a new gmail email account. No emails were sent for that username either. They are not in spam folders. I just asked for another re-send for triton and finally it worked (appeared in my inbox, so here I am). You can delete triton333 now.

It would have been nice if you’d left the old site open for a while so we could post there. I was having all these problems joining the new site but had no way off letting you know.

Thanks for the additional info Triton. I think Bacco is looking into the email side of things.

A line had to be drawn in the sand somewhere for closing the old forums. If anyone is having any troubles, please email ryan@mediaspy.org or send us a message on our Facebook page.

Wouldn’t it be a good idea to primarily link visitors to the new forums rather than the old site on the Media Spy Facebook/Twitter pages? Just a thought.

Yeah I never got a confirmation email to my @outlook address, I got in by requesting a password reset.

Redirecting ms.org to here would make sense

Hi Ryan.

It’s Lukemovieman. Thanks for that.

This is embarrasing, but the one you have now activated for me is not letting me enter (I must have forgot my password). I couldn’t PM anyone either (it kept saying “cannot sent PM - topic must not be empty”?)

Could you please PM my password for “Lukemovieman” to this account (“EmergencyAccount”)?

I will PM you back when I log in (hopefully) & you can then delete this account I am using now.

Cheers and apologies :slight_smile:

I don’t like the idea of all previous versions of a post and corrections of a post being made available for everyone to see.