I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!

1 Like

Never heard of her. Does anyone in Australia know who she is?

At least Paul Burrell would be known by some.

2 Likes

I don’t care if we don’t know who she is… as long as she’s an entertaining campmate. Often it’s the least known celebs that are most entertaining on this show. Like Jackie this season is probably unknown to most who don’t watch RHOM but she’s getting a lot of airtime and getting voted into most tucker trials too so is certainly getting noticed by the public. Plus if this is a former winner entering the jungle then I doubt she is going to be boring. Sounds like a good casting choice to me.

2 Likes

She was fantastic on the UK version.

Agreed. She’s gong to be epic

Then she is a great casting choice - regardless of whether she is known here or not.

1 Like

If she is good TV she might keep viewers but I doubt she will attract or bring back viewers who have already switched off.

2 Likes

The biggest hurdle is she knows nothing about the celebrities and they know nothing about her.

If the public warm to her we may have another Freddie Flintoff situation, where the eventual winner comes in mid way through the series.

At the moment there isn’t really any standout in the Jungle.

That’s no different to Tiffany and plenty of other celebrities over four seasons.

Her Geordie accent alone will provide plenty of entertainment for the celebs and keep the subtitle writer busy. She’s loud and brash and will ruffle feathers. That’s whats needed at the moment.

Sounds like the Geordie openers. I’m fit, im flirty and I’ve got double Fs.

1 Like

Exactly. That’s the hurdle.

Further to that - no idea about the source though.

2 Likes

Wow the amount of people whingeing on the facebook page for not knowing who Vicky is… I would much rather someone entertaining over a boring bigger name Aussie celeb. She has won the thing so she must be good value. I’m very excited that she is there just from her short stint last night - she seems absolutely hilarious and is just what the show needs.

6 Likes

Which would be fine if there wasn’t a glaringly obvious “Celebrity” in the title. If nobody knows who she is, then she’s not a celebrity. Casting her goes completely against the premise of the show. Quite simple really.

5 Likes

People said the same thing in the UK. She was basically unknown there too as she left Geordie shore a year earlier. But they fell in love with her. She was entertaining and dominant in challenges.

1 Like

Clearly people then don’t get the “celebrity” concept of this show. I couldn’t give a rats if I knew who she is but just because a certain demographic doesn’t know who she is doesn’t mean she is not a celebrity. Geordie Shore, Ex on the Beach and Judge Geordie are 3 different shows that she has done that have aired on TV in Australia.

I doubt it’s a certain demographic that doesn’t know her. It’s more like a certain demographic that does know her.

No! Clearly the viewers do and are not happy with the way the producers interpret it. The viewers are voting with their remotes. How else do you explain the massive fall in ratings from the new highs it had at the start?

I’m more referring to the typical demographic that seem to comment and whinge on facebook posts to reality shows (middle aged women).

Ummm the celebrity level has been bigger this year than any previous years with a lot more talk in the media… so if ratings are down then I would say that I’m right that lesser known names that are entertaining are more important than more known names that are dull.
Vicky hasn’t even entered the jungle yet so you can’t say that viewers have voted with their remotes on these newbies yet. She’s going to be entertaining and she was from the 5 min snippet we saw of her last night. If viewers don’t like that then so be it but I think she’s a great casting choice.