Hyde and Seek

###Hyde and Seek

ALL-STAR CAST IN NINE’S NEW CRIME DRAMA

Matt Nable (Underbelly: Badness, Gallipoli), Deborra-lee Furness (Correlli, Jindabyne), Mandy McElhinney (House of Hancock, Love Child), Emma Hamilton (The Tudors, Mary: The Making of a Princess) and Zoe Ventoura (Packed to the Rafters) star in Channel Nine’s new drama series Hyde & Seek, that has commenced production.

When his best mate is killed in a seemingly random attack, Detective Gary Hyde (Matt Nable) vows to bring the killers to justice. Together with his new partner Claire McKenzie (Emma Hamilton), Gary uncovers a criminal underbelly that will threaten his life, endanger his young family and cause him to question everything he believes in. In a world where crime has no borders and everyone has something to hide, Gary and Claire might catch the criminals but will they lose their loved ones in the process?

Joining the all-star cast are Tai Hara (Home and Away), Claire Lovering (San Andreas), Andrew McFarlane (Devil’s Playground, Love Child), Aaron Fa’aoso (East West 101) and Stephanie Panozzo.

Hyde & Seek is being made for the Nine Network by Matchbox Pictures and distributed by NBCU. Executive producers are Jo Rooney and Andy Ryan from the Nine Network and Debbie Lee (Glitch, Family Law), with producer Stephen Corvini (Schapelle, Devil’s Dust) and creators/writers Gavin Strawhan (Step Dave, Nothing Trivial) and Rachel Lang (Outrageous Fortune, Blue Rose).

The directors are Peter Andrikidis (Catching Milat, Fat Tony & Co., Bikie Wars), David Caesar (Underbelly: Razor, Power Games, Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries) and Daniel Nettheim (Doctor Who, Line of Duty, Ripper Street, Rush).

Did they alter the title? In the upfronts it was announced as "Hide & Seek"
Screen Australia

Must have:

Seven are having trouble keeping a lid on all the Home & Away departures since so many cast members are joining other shows but remaining on screen months later.

What is it with Aussie dramas having a pun title that includes the surname of the main character?

1 Like

I like it. It’s a bit of fun. The Brits do it a lot too.

It’s just a big lame

It doesn’t happen that much does it? I like it because it gives it a bit of originality. I think they probably chose to do it because it makes it somewhat distinct in social media and google searches.

I’m actually getting sick of all the generic titles we get lately like The Tunnel, The Bridge, The Code, The Circuit etc. And movies like Bridesmaids, The Boss etc. Apart from a few standouts, the majority of them don’t remain memorable after a few years. Clever titles usually stick in your mind.

says the guy whose name is really “Rian” :stuck_out_tongue:

I told you that in confidence :sleepy:

1 Like

Extended first look just aired. Looks like a bit of quality from nine.

HYDE & SEEK

Premieres Monday 3 October at 8.45pm

Matt Nable (Underbelly: Badness, Gallipoli) stars in the gripping new drama series Hyde & Seek which will premiere on Monday, October 3 at 8.45pm on Channel Nine.

Joining Nable in an all-star cast are Deborra-lee Furness (Correlli, Jindabyne), Mandy McElhinney (House of Hancock, Love Child), Zoe Ventoura (Packed to the Rafters), Emma Hamilton (The Tudors, Mary: The Making of a Princess), Tai Hara (Home and Away), Claire Lovering (San Andreas), Jeremy Lindsay Taylor (Puberty Blues), Andrew McFarlane (Devil’s Playground, Love Child), and Aaron Fa’oso (East West 101).

When his best mate and partner is killed in a random attack, Detective Gary Hyde (Matt Nable) vows to bring the killer to justice. Together with his new partner Claire McKenzie (Emma Hamilton), Australian Federal Police boss Jackie Walters (Mandy McElhinney) and Australian Security Intelligence Organisation chiefs (Deborra-lee Furness and Jeremy Lindsay Taylor), Gary uncovers a criminal underbelly of murder and fraud as he is thrust into the secretive world of homeland security. In a world where crime has no borders and everyone has something to hide, Gary’s wife (Zoe Ventoura) and young children find themselves in the firing line.

Nine’s Heads of Drama, Andy Ryan and Jo Rooney, said: “We’re thrilled to join forces with Matchbox Pictures and our brilliant cast to bring audiences the most exciting and action-packed drama of 2016. With its ripped-from-the-headlines stories and international locations, Hyde & Seek is must-see crime drama at its most compelling and entertaining.”

Hyde & Seek is made for the Nine Network by Matchbox Pictures, with producer Stephen Corvini (Schapelle, Devil’s Dust) and Executive Producer Debbie Lee.

"Hyde & Seek is a view of some of the timeliest & most engaging stories going on in our world right now and Matchbox Pictures are delighted to have partnered with Channel Nine to bring this series to life”, Corvini said.

So two new Australian dramas will go head to head on Mondays (the other being The Secret Daughter on Seven). One unfortunately has to lose out.

Nine do it again. They’re putting Aussie drama against Aussie drama. Meanwhile Tuesday and Sundays are free. :rolling_eyes:

Have they been running promos for this or is it premiering at short notice again?

Seven has 800 Words on Tuesdays, which really only leaves Sundays free.
Nine has been promoting Hyde and Seek intermittently since State of Origin in July.

I forgot about 800 Words. I’ve been away the last few weeks. It’ll be interesting to see which of these shows will succeed. They’ll be up against Have You Been Paying Attention too.

I thought they were holding this off until next year.

House Husbands has been delayed until next year.

1 Like

I think they should have held back Doctor Doctor or Hyde and Seek for a launch early next year and shown House Husbands now. They needed something big and new next year but now they just have tired old HH which is running out of steam.

This is the only show on 9 I’ll watch this year, but I’ll wait until it’s on 9Now first. This kind of show has been missing off our screens for a while now.

1 Like