Hit Network

I always liked the 2CH logo with the Harbour Bridge in the H. They had that for years too I think.

The one they have now looks like the on ramp of the Western Distributor in the H instead.

4 Likes

The old FOX logo was awesome, and I liked 2day’s original branding. JJJ is iconic .

5 Likes

3 Likes

Grant looks tired and he hasn’t even started…

2 Likes

I’m actually enjoying Em, Grant and Ed. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Also the music playlist so far this morning. VERY Mix/ Star 1045 vibe.

3 Likes

I’m surprised that the whole team isn’t in Sydney for their first show. Judging on Instagram, Em and Ed are in Melbourne and Grant is in Sydney

1 Like

I’m probably talking to early however a few noticeable changes to 2Day FM this morning:

• Seems they’ve dropped “hits and old skool” (its no longer in the rds too and on air)
  • also no longer in the rds is “2Day Hit 1041” seems they’ve dropped the Hit part.
  • no more old skool hour at 9am. Currently playing a large variety of music
  • they also haven’t had a presenter since Em, Grant & Ed finished at 8:55am. Just been continuous music no ads either

The playlist is very similar to the Top 1000 they did at Christmas.

Have to say. I’m really enjoying the station this morning. Along with Hughesy and Kate coming next week I think they’ve finally got it right.

6 Likes

Even on their website and social media. All sign of “hits and old skool” as vanished from 2Day FM.

If they have dropped the “old school” slogan I think it is a good move.

I know what “old school” refers to but I could not quite understand why a brand would use the word “old” in its slogan. Especially a CHR radio station.

Old is not the most positive word.

I wonder if they’ll still do RnB Friday’s.

Been streaming for ten minutes or so. No form of branding other than the generic ‘2DayFM’ sweepers - it’s like someone left the backup CD running. Very strange.

For reference, last 6 songs played (in reverse chronological)
DESTINY’S CHILD - Soldier
LENNY KRAVITZ - Fly Away
NIALL HORAN - Slow Hands
ICY BLU - Pump It (Nice An’ Hard)
ONE REPUBLIC - Counting Stars
RICKY MARTIN - Livin’ La Vida Loca

3 Likes

I’d say they will be keeping it.

1 Like

If they are continuing like this I wonder what happens to MC and Jaben?

Christ. They’re playing Eurythmics now.

Bring on Mix 104.1.

3 Likes

One of them is probably doing the drive shift this week since C&T and H&K don’t start until next week.

I’d be very surprised if it stays like this - SCA really don’t go for sterile music shifts and they definitely wouldn’t want to go ad free for 3 hours (or longer) all year.

They played The Key The Secret by Urban Cookie Collective earlier.

The last time I remember 2Day going ad free was just after the prank call incident.

1 Like

I personally like this new Playlist but does anyone here believe that the countdown that they did last month the top 1000 was actually internal research to tweak the Playlist to see if it would resonate with the audience

1 Like

any suggestion as to why they’d be stunting a new format they day that Em, Grant & Ed take over breakfast? Why not a full relaunch this morning?

First ad break and news update. It’s 12:32.

1 Like

No there was an a news update around 10.45.

2 Likes