Hit Network

Drive the staff around? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well they technically would need someone for the drive home :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think you will be more likely to find Em & Harley on Drive rather than Rove. I think at Contracts end you will see Rove return (attempt) to prime time television.

I have an idea for Rove next year. Maybe the breakfast show in 2018 on 2DayFM could be:

The Sydney Morning Zoo with Rove, Merrick, Sam, Maz, Mel B, Sophie with Em and featuring Sam, Dan and Jules waking up with Harley. Sydney’s Busiest Breakfast Show. Hits and Old Talent. Hit 1041 2DayFM.

4 Likes

That joke wasn’t funny the first time you told it and doesn’t improve with age or a longer list punchline.

5 Likes

I can’t help it but every year I get to add at least two more co-hosts and I smile as I type it out. I promise to stop when the breakfast show lasts beyond December.

It’s that feeling you get when you know another year has passed. It’s Christmas again, it’s your birthday, it’s the annual family get together, it’s the new season of Game of Thrones, it’s the leaves falling off the tree outside your bedroom, it’s your first swim at Bondi for the season, it’s when you first wear a jacket to work, it’s end of year drinks at work, it’s Clean Up Australia Day. And, of course, it’s when 2DayFM announces that there will be a new breakfast show in around late November. And then Gemma Fordham announcers that Southern Cross Austereo is with the new show for the long term. Ahhhh, another year has passed.

4 Likes

I miss Gemma Fordhams (or any one from SCA) public commitments to the Sydney Breakfast show. Sadly Radio Today doesn’t feature any interviews (or much coverage) after surveys anymore :frowning_face:

2 Likes

And I know this is for another Thread but Radio Today rarely publishes any comments from readers anymore. This is what makes Media Spy a must-read.

3 Likes

Agreed, a good website that’s gone downhill fast due to change of ownership. A lot of the content on there now isn’t worth commenting on anyway.

5 Likes

[quote=“nickatnights, post:1112, topic:71”]
Radio Today rarely publishes anything comments from readers anymore.
[/quote]There, fixed it for you.

6 Likes

arrrgh yes… you are correct!

1 Like

I was thinking Carrie & Tommy, or Carrie, Tommy & Rove. But I think we’ll see him quietly leave at years end.

Guess that answers that question

5 Likes

That decision seems to have been reversed with Em and Harley being inserted from 7-8pm nationwide from next week apparently.

Sounds painful. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Should be 6pm not 7pm.

Contenders for drive next year

Web goblins at Hit may want to change the header for non-2day stations, when you click Em & Harley it says 6-9am Weekdays.

SCA confirms that Carrie Bickmore and Tommy Little are “in the box seat” to replace Hamish Blake and Andy Lee on Drive next year.

1 Like

SCA are currently advertising for a Show Producer in Brisbane for 'local drive’
Typo? Or a sign of things to come…?