Hit Network

According to Mumbrella, Ash London will be filling in for 2Day FM Breakfast until further notice.

9 Likes

Good use of network talent, just a shame about the circumstances :confused:

1 Like

I wonder who will do her show though.

Jaben Ryan? MC? Even Ellie Angel, or perhaps Tim Lee?

Edit: Keegs was filling in over Easter last I heard, so I could see Sarah Maree Cameron or Trav Roebuck covering his shifts in Melbourne if this happens

Maybe Keegs or Draco could fill in for her… He’s basically 1/3 of the show anyway.

I agree with this. Draco is a major part of the show so is familiar with listeners and he also does weekend shifts on 2Day, so is more than capable of running a shift on his own.

I agree that Keegs would be an obvious choice if they want to get someone else in though - his experience filling in for nights over Easter and Christmas show that the network like him for that role, and he’s not completely new to listeners - plus Fox’s massive list of announcers makes it easy for him to step out of his usual shift, which he hasn’t been doing for the past couple of weeks as he was hosting Fox drive in H&A’s absense.

I looks like Ash will be in Melbourne for this week. Her Instagram story shows her getting a plane out of Sydney this afternoon.

Nazeem Hussain was co-hosting with Harley and Ash this morning, and confirming that Ash is in Melbourne this week.

Ash has posted on twitter that she will also be hosting Ash London LIVE as normal - it’s going to be a massive week for her!

2 Likes

And wasn’t it a good show! A 3rd person really ads to the flow of the show. I thoroughly enjoyed Ash, Harley and Nazeem this morning. I hope there will be a 3rd co host for the rest of the week if not forever.

I think we are probably going to see Em & Harley on drive next year, or Em as a minimum. She was pretty good with Mama Mia today. I don’t think 104.1 will “launch” another breakfast show, maybe just slowly change the existing by years end.

Osher is contributing much less on Hit105 now that Matt Acton has joined, maybe he will make the “move” to 104.1 as he isn’t really making much of a contribution to Hit105.

2 Likes

Heard a glitch here in Newcastle when I heard the 101.9 The Fox sweeper on Hamish &Andy this afternoon.

2 Likes

Ash London is having tonight off after doing breakfast and nights.

Here translated to: ‘I’m an old racist bigot and am sick of being told I’m old, racist and a bigot’

This has nothing to do with his health, and everything to do with the fact that he’s an old cranky man from a bygone era.
It may have been acceptable in the 60s to demand women wear short skirts, as if the only reason women exist is for men’s entertainment.

The year is 2017. The sooner attitudes from the 50s and 60s die out, the better. It’s holding our country (and world) back. What an atrocity it would be to treat a female like a human being :roll_eyes:

His audience that consists of old, racist bigots? He is wrong, and the fact that his audience may agree doesn’t make him right.

How does he rate these days…? :thinking:

4 Likes

Number 1 in Newcastle, so clearly the most important broadcaster in Australia. sarcasm

1 Like

Em Rusciano posted on Facebook last night she would return to 2DayFM breakfast next Monday (June 5).

Have they quietly axed The Queen Sesh? It hasn’t been on air for 4 or 5 weeks now.

It’s on air right now!

Draco’s on in Sydney. On his twitter he posted he’d be on until 12pm.

Leon Sjogren is now executive producer of Fifi, Dave, Fev & Byron replacing Sonder Novak-Booth. Previously Sjogren has been the executive producer of Merrick & Australia and Dan & Maz.

Do you know what Sonder’s new job is? She was in the photo posted to the FDFB instagram this morning announcing their ratings win, so I assume something at SCA still.

Gemma Fordham has said on Mumbrella that 2DayFM are going to start an advertising campaign for the Em and Harley Breakfast show from this weekend.

I wonder if that will involve the same old style of posters that they have used for Dan, Maz, Rove, Merrick, Jules, Sophie, Mel C and Sam?

Will they use the same font as the last few years and a glamour shot (this time of of Em and Harley) with the big blue H at the bottom of the poster? Or could we see something new / different on every bus shelter?