Hit Network

Yay!

Fox as well? If so I’m gonna listen in tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue:

I love the old school weekends. I had 2DayFM on all yesterday. Even though I hate some of the songs because I have not heard them for a long time I don’t tune out. Yesterday I heard:

• The extended mix of Kylie’s Spinning Around
  • Kris Cross’ Jump
    2DayFM made yesterday fun!
3 Likes

Pretty good tactic tbh. Build audience slowly but surely.
They’ve done the big campaigns as/before the start of a new show before and it’s not like it’s worked for them.
If you can add 0.3% per survey, you go from 3.9-6.0% in a year.
Laying all your cards on the table in Survey 1 isn’t really gonna get you many gains forward of Survey 1…
And using multiple tactics on a sliding timeline can help build momentum - big, loud combined outdoor and TV campaigns all at once don’t really build momentum.

1 Like

Sounds like every radio presenter on every FM Music station across the country…

3 Likes

At least when it comes out but after they play it every two hours for the next two months…not so much. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Fox FM have a new Sunday night show - called the Schmunday Show from 6-8pm. Hosted by Jamila Rizvi and tonight has little Nat Bass as guest co-host. Not much mention of it online, really only a couple of posts of socials - from what I can tell last week was the first show and I don’t think it’s being networked at this stage.

It was an odd listen. It has a soap box section where Jamila gets vocal about an issue and then they take callers - tonight’s issue was the loss of jobs at Fairfax which Jamila got really into (being a Fairfax contributor herself) and I personally did enjoy, but it just sounded a bit too AM and serious for Sunday night on a hit music station…

1 Like

What is airing on the rest of the network in that timeslot now?

Pretty sure 2Day FM has Em and Harley reruns.

2 Likes

Move Rove & Sam there and move Ash London back an hour I reckon

1 Like

Perth has the “The Mitchell & Michael Show” which appears to have been running all year.
I can’t find details for any other stations, but I’m pretty sure most stations have just been playing music during that time since Em & Harley moved to 2Day Breakfast.

Listening to Carrie & Tommy this week, they already sound ready for 4-6 weekdays post Hamish & Andy. Whether Carrie could do that and The Project at same time is the question though.

2 Likes

Probably not everyday. I guess it comes down to what Carrie wants to do - Hit Drive would probably pay more than The Project.

Well she already does 4 days a week on The Project. It would be a tight turnaround and impossible for The Project promos and pre-recs.

If she was going to do both, I’d imagine her role in the project would be reduced to being a guest panelist one, maybe two times a week.

While everyone might be happy broadcasting from a makeshift studio at ATV at the moment, I’m sure this wouldn’t remain the case if Carrie and Tommy moved to drive.

Jaben Ryan presenting the ARIA chart on 2Day this afternoon until close to 6pm, felt like I was listening to Nova. :laughing: Jaben and the ARIA chart were both fixtures on Nova up to last year…

So is the ARIA chart show back on radio?

5-6pm Saturdays.

1 Like

So it must have been highlights of the Top 50, I guess.

I heard him play I’m the One by DJ Khaled which is number 1, Despacito by Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee which is number 2, Symphony by Clean Bandit number 7 and before that The Cure by Lady Gaga which is number 13.

The 2Day FM website has the show as the ‘Aria Top 10’ countdown.

2 Likes