Hit Network

Some of the Hit Networks programming choices (temporary on-air shows and weekend breakfasts) are very reminiscent of Mix 106.5 Sydney when they didn’t know whether they wanted to chase the Youth Market or Older Adults (Sonia & Todd, Mike E & Carmella, Sammi & Yumi etc). I think they would be better at fostering some Comedic talent than Lifestyle bloggers.

3 Likes

Their billboard ads of ‘music & friends’ is very Mix style too.

The 2DayFM breakfast show uses the line " Sydney’s Loosest Breakfast Show".

What does that mean? Does it mean that it’s not “Sydney’s Tightest Breakfast Show”?

Common words used for radio station slogans include: Hit, Music, Hot, Gold, More, Better, Rock, Classic, Hottest, Easy, Light, Life , Feel, Real, Power, Energy and Smash

Is this the first time the word “loosest” was used by a radio station?

1 Like

Honestly the best (and most accurate) slogan they could use. I couldn’t have thought of something better myself.

3 Likes

Less heavily structured and over produced compared to K&JO I’m assuming, going for underdog status.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t it be spelt “losest”?

1 Like

“Loosest” does seem to be correct

1 Like

TVHEAD - thanks - I thought they meant less produced. “Loosest” is such a weird word to use.

Mind you - I think the show sounds overly produced. It does not sound like a show where the hosts are “winging it” - so to speak.

I find that I either love or hate 2DayFM at the moment. When they have an Old School Weekend I listen for the whole two days. When it is Hits and Old School I listen for an hour at a time. When it is R&B Friday I tune off completely.

I knew what you/they meant and I agree it is an unusual term but I think it fits the bill perfectly here.

I think you meant “tune out” ? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Out! Tune out!

2 Likes

Sarah Maree Cameron who was sacked by Nova when they began “dual-broadcasting” from Sydney is now at Fox FM. This means both the announcers dropped by Nova (Jaben Ryan being the other one) have been picked up by SCA.

5 Likes

Great to hear her this morning. Fox could use a female host during the day.

Fox are now using the slogan ‘Famous for Hits & Old School’.

Infamous For Losing 2.5% in Two Books

5 Likes

And equally perplexing that Nova wants emulate that losing formula with throwbacks.

2 Likes

‘Fox Famous’ and a bunch of other uses of famous, plus the new VO guy.

Em & Harley had a photoshoot today for their upcoming outdoor advertising campaign.

They’re really playing the slow game with this show - given it will be at least a couple of weeks until these ads go live, the rolling survey system means that the full effect of these won’t be seen until Survey 5.

2 Likes

Hopefully the slow build continues, they deserve it, the best breakfast show they’ve had since Kyle and Jackie O (who I feel have lost their shine a bit lately with their stunts).

Noticed a new Fox ad tonight. It’s basically a variation of the most recent “friends and memories” but tacked onto the front is Fifi, Dave and Fev shown in the studio with Fifi saying “how good is this song?”.

2Day FM doing another old skool weekend this weekend.

4 Likes