Hit Network

No, it’s #2 FM behind Smooth.

1 Like

2DayFM need to get two things right:

1. The Breakfast Show: The first post-Kyle attempt at breakfast show with the four hosts was just a busy disaster. Rove and Sam were not at all entertaining on any level. Rove is not funny on the radio and Sam had no idea what she was doing in front of a microphone. It’s actually quite funny that the past four breakfast shows have not been funny but the 2DayFM breakfast shift is now actually and officially considered a joke.
  2. The Music: Hits and Old School is not a bad idea but mix up the current hits with the old school. At the moment it can be a weekend of non-stop 90s or an hour of all new hits. And then there is R&B on Friday - I am confused. Break it up - 60% new hits / 40% smash hits of the 90s and early 2000s. That’s the mix 24 / 7. It could steal some of the over 35s form KIIS.
    Once the breakfast shift is right and the music is predictable (and slightly different to the offering on Nova and KIIS) then the station might work.
    And in all honesty when Hamish and Andy leave at the end of the year - just smash out the hits between 4 - 7pm whilst KIIS and Nova are hosting “talk” shows. Hamish and Andy have been struggling in Sydney anyway. For a while I thought that’s what the “old school” slogan was referring to - Hamish and Andy.
1 Like

Sea FM Central Coast doing an Old Skool Weekend this weekend.

1 Like

It would have been better for Em to do the interview 1-2 weeks before The Voice’s premiere, then the embargo would not be as long.

It wasn’t Em who pushed play on the interview. While it might have been her idea to break the embargo, the rest of the production team would have also had to agree.

Somehow I think the relationship with Nine on this will be fine. It’s given them great publicity - I didn’t even know who was on the voice until all this happened.

It interview actually also talked about how Nine hadn’t announced a launch date yet, so it wouldn’t have worked closer to launch without being edited down.

Nine would be stupid if they didn’t follow this up with another interview closer to the launch date.

There’s an ad up on Radioinfo seeking a panel operator for 2DayFM in Sydney, making specific reference to the breakfast show. https://www.radioinfo.com.au/jobs/2dayfm-panel-operators

Looks like production is moving to World Square?

Huh? Hasn’t it been there for years?

Em Rusciano broadcasts from Melbourne.

Of course. Needed that to be spelt out to me tonight. It’s been a long week. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Em does broadcast from Melbourne, but I would think the show is paneled in Sydney.

They have 2 panel ops. One in Melbourne (Ben Wasley who is often heard laughing in the background) to do the mics in that studio and the sound effects, openers etc. The output of that studio in then fed into the 2Day FM studio in Sydney where there is another panel op who controls things like mics for anyone in Sydney as well as the ads and music.

This is also similar to how Carrie and Tommy is done, with the hosts being in a temporary studio setup at Channel Ten in Melbourne and the panel op in Sydney.

2 Likes

Another weekend gone by where Ryan and Tanya’s 2 hour Saturday program was much more entertaining than a whole weeks worth of Em and Harley. I love my Bree and Gawndy’s and Ryan and Tanya. Both teams deserve the Sydney slot.

3 Likes

Is it Old Skool weekend every weekend on 2Day FM now? Had it on in the car yesterday and sounded good as ever - a real point of difference on the dial and shamelessly cheesy.

3 Likes

Na it’s about once every 2 months.

Why not a panel op at FOX?

Good question. Probably comes down to where they have staff available and it also gives Hamish and Andy full run of the studios at fox before their show starts.

Those Two Girls filling in for Stav, Abby, Matt & Osher on hit105 this week.

I heard them this morning, Hit105 can probably say goodbye to their ratings lead now. NOVA1069 & 97.3 have their usual talent on-air still. Surely Hit105 could have done a “Best Of” package or something a little stronger.

On a side note, I have been impressed with the addition of Matt Acton, I couldn’t stand him when he used to Anchor the Gold Coast Breakfast show on Hit/SeaFM.

1 Like

No patriarchy puppets there Osher - happy?

Acton was not good on Hughsey & Kate, but he never appeared as brash as he does appear on Hit105.

1 Like