Hit Network

Where was Jaben before this? What role?

He was on Nova. I had heard him on Nova in Sydney on weekends and as a fill-in in various slots.

http://www.novaentertainment.com.au/talent/jaben/jaben-ryan

Nova in Melbourne. He was one of the casualties of the the “dual-programming” from Sydney at the start of this year. Since then he has been doing casual shifts at Fox.

1 Like
1 Like

Needs some controversy to boost ratings. :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah they need to increase the amount of people listening to Em Rusciano from 5 to 10 people.:stuck_out_tongue:

“The Channel 9 publicist begged Em not to play the interview as he feared that he might get fired”

Yet Em plays the interview to gain publicity.

Em - you’re a bully.

2 Likes

…

“If Channel Nine fire you over me going rogue now, I’ll hire you,” Rusciano said on air.

She was the one that broke the rules. She wasn’t harassing or threatening the publicist. There was no bullying.

Somehow going from Channel 9 to 2Day fm doesn’t quite sound that appealing, though, does it?

3 Likes

And somehow I think what she’s doing goes beyond the extent of the chance that one individual might lose their job.

Nine’s the real bully here.

(Plus this is great publicity for the show :wink: )

I wonder if Em realises there’s a possibility that her breaking of the embargo could have serious implications between the fairly new partnership between Nine and her employer SCA on the regional TV side of things?

Yeah, probably not…

1 Like

You’re being rather melodramatic. What would one thing have to do with the other?

1 Like

Telling a media outlet an interview is embargoed AFTER it has been conducted is stupidity at best. But the 2dayFM producer should have also checked. Such embargoes aren’t uncommon. Agree to the terms of the interview before it takes place.

3 Likes

I highly doubt any of the above.

IMO KIIS would’ve paid big bucks for the first exclusive interview as they always do, and 2Day would’ve seized at the opportunity to get one up on KIIS.

All about money and who has rights.

SCA probably don’t give two shits, and beyond the PR team at The Voice, I doubt Nine really care. It got people talking about The Voice.

Let’s be totally fair to both Nine and Em.

Nine wanted the interview embargoed for a few weeks until The Voice goes to air. Fair enough.

Em had to break the embargo as she was not sure her show would still be on air in a few weeks. Fair enough.

4 Likes

You’re at your bitchy best again. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: if Kyle had done something like this you would have been applauding him for being irreverent. Maybe 2Day are just employing some of the tactics that he has used to become notorious.

1 Like

I’m still so dumbfounded how Hit can be number one on the Central Coast but only 45 minutes down the freeway their counterpart 2DAY FM is basically at the bottom. What are they doing so differently? What’s FOX FM doing different? And every Hit station that are on top or close to it. What makes 2DAY FM so bad? Or is there nothing wrong with 2DAY and it would be up there if Kyle and Jackie O didn’t exist?

1 Like

Really?! You can’t fairly compare the Central Coast radio market (or any regional radio market) to the large and competitive Sydney radio market.

To some extent, all three of the Central Coast’s radio stations are targeted towards different audiences and demographics. The listeners that Sea 101.3 target are likely to be different to the type of people that would tune into Star 104.5 or 107.7 2GO, it’s almost like comparing 2DayFM to a Smooth-like station and a WSFM or Triple M-like station!

In Sydney, 2DayFM has to compete with Nova 96.9 and KIIS 1065. If you want to count semi-metro stations, add The Edge 96.1 and C91.3 to the list of local competition for the SCA Hit Network audience.

Also, isn’t Fox in Melbourne the only metro Hit Network station currently getting #1 ratings?

1 Like