Hit Network

I personally thought the “Hit 104.1 2DayFM” name only lasted about six months in 2015 and that the station is currently branded as “104.1 2DayFM” aside from the logo which still reads as “2Day Hit 104.1”.

3 Likes

Just going from their website, the current set shows are:

6am Breakfast
9am MC
12:30pm Ellie Angel
4pm Hamish & Andy Collectors Edition (repeats)
6pm Ash London Live
9pm Automated music / RnB Friday nights from 10pm

Although this will change when Rove and Sam begin on nights starting at 7pm (with Ash going back to 8-11pm, Hamish and Andy filling the gap at 6pm?)

Saturdays
6pm Vevo 20 Countdown
8pm Old School House Party
Midnight Ministry of Sound Radio

Sundays
5pm Fifi Box
8pm Osher’s Love Line
10pm Hit AU

1 Like

Is Fifi back at work already? Her regular breakfast show on Fox (Fifi, Dave and Fev) doesn’t return for a couple of weeks.

I guess not, I was just going off the shows on the website.

Rove & Sam should do 6-8 until H&A come back.

1 Like

Her Sunday night shows is pre recorded well in advance. Same with Hit AU.

Haven to seen Mark for a while Newcastle bloke

Reports around & confirmed by an SCA Spokesperson, that the new 2DAYFM Breakfast show will be broadcast out of Melbourne, the hosts will not be based in Sydney, they will be “commuting” between Melbourne & Sydney.

Look out K & J, SCA are getting serious now. lol

I see prank phone calls to 2DAYFM from the North Ryde & Pyrmont breakfast teams commenting about the weather on the cards.

5 Likes

Just in…
New Local Weekend Breakfast Shows Across Hit Metro
http://www.southerncrossaustereo.com.au/media/2017/01/16/new-local-weekend-breakfast-shows-across-hit-metro/

Now what about Sunday??

2 Likes

It’s good to see SCA again using this slot to give up and coming talent a go in a bigger market, rather than as a dumping ground for axed talent still on contract.

Will be interesting to see who they pick for Adelaide and Perth, along with what gets dished up for the regionals.
I’m thinking the likes of Bree & Gawndy and Ned & Josh could be on the cards somewhere.

1 Like

Interesting, wonder if they’re going to be live? I can’t see the weekday announcers wanting to work an extra day per week - most on different frequencies than they’re usually heard. While I commend them for introducing a weekend local show in each metro city, they really should be concentrating on their main issues at the moment being 2dayFM breakfast, working on a suitable replacement for Hamish & Andy and some consistency their early evening scheduling.

LOL! Dear oh dear.

Who cares, Kyle is in LA a lot of the time and subject matter has barely anything to do with Sydney.

4 Likes

I would expect at least some of them to be prerecorded. Will and Woody would have to be at work by 4am to get on air at 7am in Melbourne during daylight savings.

This is actually a good strategy to work on in regards to replacing talent - it increases the exposure of their talent to (more) metro audiences.

3 Likes

Surely they’ll be repackaged best-ofs from the week that’s gone, perhaps with a mention of a big game for that local sports team.

1 Like

Basically them when speaking about 'the game’

6 Likes

Tanya Hennessy posted a photo of her and Ryan in the 2day studios on Facebook to announce it, but who knows.

Edit: Canberra Times reporting the Sydney Saturday show will be done from the Canberra studio, presumably live as it mentions they’ll be doing six days a week.

2 Likes

These are all announcers who are working really hard to build their careers, and have moved interstate to do so. They’ll be happy to work an extra day, especially in return for a promise of future promotions.

4 Likes

Nice move by SCA. Good to see not one but several up & comers being developed.

Still yet to see ARN deliver any weekend daytime programming other than regular jocks.

Meanwhile at Nova 100 [tumbleweed.gif]

5 Likes