Hit Network

Fox FM Music Director & Operations Manager, Dan Hill, is leaving the station to take up the role as Content Director at K-Rock in Geelong.

More: https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/dan-man-k-rock-geelong

2 Likes

Funnily enough, former KRock director James Speed is taking the role of assistant content director at Fox.

Fox Content Director Amanda Lee and Speed previously worked together in the same roles at hit92.9 Perth.

8 Likes

Welcome back to the radio forum @RonBurgundy

1 Like

Keegs is filling in for Ash London tonight.

Much prefer Keegs, wish he was given his own night show Hit Nights permanently.

5 Likes

Brilliant prank!

3 Likes

It’s sad how ‘surprising a co-host’ by being in the same studio is of news these days.

3 Likes

In that RT article, enjoy this comment:

Still cant believe SCA let her get away with this. Keepin it real and local ! Sipping Latte’s and Rose` at the Via Veneto. Sure isn’t Dandenong.

Let them know of Mediaspy, we need that calibre of cutting comment on here.

Imagine what they’d write on that multi faceted disaster that is MSR.

Currently in Adelaide and on Hit 107 I heard those new station jingles (the 2Day FM ones but modified for Hit 107).

Not sure if they are being used elsewhere? I certainly haven’t heard them on Fox nor the regional Vic Hit stations.
They sound great though.

Yvie Jones filled in for Fifi Box today.

(I have a feeling she might fill in for Fifi whilst she goes on maternity leave)

Hit 107 have been using the same jingle package as 2DayFM since last year. Both stations are using the More Music, More variety format.

3 Likes

what is her background and story?

Angie Kent’s offsider on Gogglebox between 2015 & 2018 + on the 2019 season of I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here, increasingly regular reporter/panellist on Studio 10.

If you watch Channel Ten a fair bit, you’ll probably be familiar with Yvie Jones.

2 Likes

Pete Curulli rush hr host on mix 94.5
But this week coming pete will do Breakfast with Heidi,Xavier on sister ststion hit92.9​:thinking::thinking:

I watch it for zero hours. Her ‘career’ proves it, the centre of irrelevance. Is this where SCA think their audience can be drawn from? Must be looking for narrowcasting not broadcasting, 10’s share is mostly below double digits.

Sooner SCA is acquired by 9, the better.

The ladies running Perth seem to love to blur the brands, it’s not Telethon, there’s no good reason for it apart from being cheap. Develop more talent to fill from within. WA should be running local night shows after national ones or for Mix’s case, bring in a development show for nights 7 - 9/10 until Luke Bona live.

2 Likes

Yep bizarre move swapping talent between brands, it’s OK in regional radio but not in the 4th largest market in Australia. Surely they could have borrowed someone from TV. Tracy Vo from 9 news has filled in a few times.

I reckon something big is in the works judging by this though.

1 Like

Well it certainly odd the that Ryan needs 2 and half weeks off to go back to Victoria to propose to his girlfriend when surely he could of done that over the long weekend unless there are other personal reasons we aren’t aware of?Tim Lee was doing a great job filling in last week.

2 Likes

It’s close to over. Time for Ryan to return east.

I seem to recall he had previously commented (possibly on Instagram?) about his contract being up this year. Would be a good get for one of the Melbourne stations