Hit Network

It’s now “official”. Seems like a waste of two excellent presenters.

3 Likes

They’ll be on 2day FM breakfast 2019 no doubt

6 Likes

Won’t work until they bring back the Hit Music format. The playlist at the moment won’t work with these two.

1 Like

They always tested teams on weekends or non ratings weeks in the past.

Tanya could slot into Grant & Ed couldn’t she? Ash back to nights. Angus solo weekends.

1 Like

We’ll just have to wait and see what happens but here’s what I think 2DayFM will most likely do.

The current music format? I think that will be kept in 2019. From what I can tell, 2DayFM actually went up in the ratings last time. If 2Day can crack the 5% mark in Survey #7 and/or #8 and keep the momentum going over Summer with some decent promotional stuff around town, that will most likely prove that SCA has the right formula (albeit, not quite big enough to challenge the ARN or Nova stations just yet) for the Sydney market which has the potential to become a grower, particularly when the popular Sydney breakfast show presenters on KIIS & WSFM call it a day.

The breakfast program? I’d be willing to predict Grant Denyer might still be on 2DayFM breakfast in 2019 but not Ed Kavalee. Production might move back to Sydney, particularly if Hit Weekend Breakfast is produced here but also because it’s most likely easier for Grant to travel between Sydney & Bathurst than Melbourne & Bathurst.

That’s what I thought they should have done originally rather than taking Ash off nights and bringing Danny forward, would’ve flowed better but that’s based on Tanya wanting the role or willing to fill in until a permenant was fLund.

As for Angus, he could’ve been on weekends either alone or paired with someone (maybe a up and coming female announcer) and been a fill in on Sydney / Melbourne stations as needed along with other network projects.

Does that now confirm Ash is staying on 2Day FM breakfast and Danny on nights?

How does that article, or the new of Angus joining weekend breakfast confirm those changes?

Considering the fact that they made an ‘official announcement’ for Weekend Breakfast one would put two and two together…

But what does Weekend Breakfast have to do with Ash London? She’s never been host of that.

2 Likes

Danny Lakey taking over from Ash London Live and being replaced on Weekend Breakfast.

Could Danny not just go back to the midnight to 5am shift?

1 Like

I agree. 6 days a week is a bit much.

Last Carrie and Tommy show for the year tomorrow

Best Bits for the rest of survey or until Hughesy and Kate finish. Just thought I’d plug this interesting article from Mumbrella, covers a lot really…

1 Like

Is this due to Carrie’s baby?

Carrie is on maternity leave.

2 Likes

Brendan Fevola from Fox FM’s Fifi, Fev and Byron will be on air one hour less per day for the last week of the radio ratings year, after his partner Alex gives birth to their fourth daughter next week. He will be on air from 6am to 8am before taking his kids to school.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/brendan-fevolas-massive-push-present-for-former-exwife-alex-fevola/news-story/44cb4923bfec4aa67df3c131bf3f2f40

1 Like

I swear 2Day FM are sounding more like Non-Stop Pop FM from GTA V every day…

6 Likes