Hell’s Kitchen Australia

I see that the the afternoon replay HK is on. Oh god it is boring.

3 Likes

Has it been cancelled yet?

1 Like

Were there only meant to be 10 episodes of Hell’s Kitchen? Considering it took 3 episodes to eliminate just one contestant and it’s looking like it will take another 3 episodes to eliminate another contestant, I think there’s going to be a lot more than 10 episodes of this before it ends. If it takes 3 episodes to eliminate each contestant, then that means there’s going to be at least 27 episodes and if they’re showing 3 a week, then it will take like 9-10 weeks to show the full season.

Unfortunately not yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

I notice that this week there were many appearances from friends and relatives of some contestants. On Monday’s episode it was Lincoln’s mother (and Wally Lewis’ wife) Jacqueline. Then on Tuesday we saw Gaz Beadle’s girlfriend Emma McVey plus David’s wife Lisa Oldfield and her Real Housewives of Sydney pals Athena X Levendi and Matty Samaei.
So far two eliminations occurred after lunch sessions. I matched them against the ten sessions which were open to the public (see below), and reckoned there must have been one extra dinner session for VIPs between March 24 and 28 to decide which celebrity would go into last chance cook off.
March 24 - dinner
March 28 - lunch (1st elimination)
March 30, 31 - dinner
April 4 - lunch (2nd elimination)
April 6,7 - dinner
April 11 - lunch
April 13,14 - dinner

With at least five dining sessions remaining, there could be multiple eliminations during next two weeks of broadcast.

1 Like

Expect Hells Kitchen to air Double Episodes on Monday’s From Next Week.

Presumably so Seven can quickly get through this nightmare-of-a-failure, get their local content quota and forget about it ASAP.

1 Like

It won’t speed things up. The show airs three episodes per week anyway. With Little Big Shots premiering this Sunday, the Sunday episode will just move to Monday.

2 Likes

Hell’s Kitchen: Great Idea. Shame about the execution.

7 Likes

Seven needs to learn to respect the format. They are always trying to do too much too quickly rather than just keeping things simple in season 1 and then evolving the show in subsequent seasons (like Nine did with MAFS).

MKR started out simple and then evolved. It wasn’t a huge show with multiple rounds, gatecrashers, big location challenges etc right from day 1.

And it’s a shame because Marco would have been so good with a kitchen full of professional chefs to abuse. Missed opportunity for entertainment right there.

8 Likes

It’s also a shame they couldn’t grab Gordon Ramsay. Would be a ratings topper especially if they got some of those cocky MKR contestants like Josh and Amy.

DREAMING

6 Likes

Agree. Why would anyone want to watch Celebrities who can’t cook attempt to cook under Marco? I watched a bit the other night and the bottom 3 had to cook a schnitzel. They all looked terrible and none were even close to the original. How on earth is that enjoyable viewing? Marco is such a great chef to watch on TV but with celebs cooking such basic stuff it is just not exciting at all.

4 Likes

Assuming the show is renewed and this time the competition is open to the public. Would professional chefs want to be abused by Marco during competition?

There is no way this show is getting renewed. Its a flop in total viewers and most importantly the demos as well.

9 Likes

Sure, why not? They are there for the exposure and the prize, just like any other reality show contestant.

3 Likes

Thats the whole point of Hells Kitchen. Gordon Ramsey is as equally if not more rude to complaining customers.

1 Like

Gordon Ramsay’s response to the show.

4 Likes

Well we know Twitter is the home of only friendly discussions.

I don’t know why they hired Marco in the first place. Did 7 not remember how much a flop Masterchef: The Professionals was?

1 Like

Maybe Gordon Ramsay is too busy these days to fly to Australia to be on either Masterchef or Hells Kitchen

3 Likes