HD Broadcasting

Thanks, will edit it. And now that I think about it, all the HD ones are MP4 aren’t they? Because they need to be?

1 Like

For some reason 7flix looks quite good on a large plasma. But the other flatscreens (a bedroom tv and LCD) pretty poor.

Mt Goonaneman is 7QLD area - 7Mate is in HD MPGEG2. There is no 7HD.

1 Like

Apparently 7HD is finally launching in Regional QLD from Monday. Anyone else heard anything?
I certainly hope it’s true, Seven is the only network to not have the main channel in HD here.

8 Likes

That’s great news!

Though my guess is that Seven Local News will be upscaled SD. I hope I’m wrong though.

The promo that is now running for 7 Queensland’s switch to HD tomorrow.

Apparently “you don’t have to do anything” :thinking:

10 Likes

Everything in that promo screams dodgy.

7 Likes

I’d think a mention of which LCN to use would help! - Tune to channel 70 (or 60)

8 Likes

Good to have confirmation that Regional Queensland will finally have access to Seven’s main channel in HD from tomorrow - incidentally the 3rd anniversary of Nine HD returning to metro markets!

Even though people should get this by now with the other networks HD channels being transmitted in this format, advising viewers that 7HD will (most likely) be in MPEG4 wouldn’t be a bad idea either.

2 Likes

About time

Not advisable. Hard enough to remind people to switch to a different channel (60) to get HD. They wouldn’t have a clue what MPEG4 was! Either it’ll work for them or it won’t.

2 Likes

looks like 60 is the regional 7hd lcn

It will be 70 for all of Queensland except Sunshine Coast areas that have an official licence area overlap with Brisbane where it will be 60.

4 Likes

@TV.Cynic Are the advisories running on high rotation on 7QLD? In lieu of other promos. Looks like a heavy cricket focus, obviously. Still find it incredible that it took so long for change (7mateHD lol), in the biggest regional market which Seven dominate.

2 Likes

least they are getting a warning , when prime7 went hd there was no warning . it just happned

2 Likes

Infrequently - seem to be one at night on main channel and nothing else.

It might be easier to run a promo once the service is running though - mention in local news and “7HD on 70” mentioned in promos for shows.

6 Likes

Yes. Prime 7 probably thought (and rightly so) that they were in no position to crow about HD, and as that it didn’t affect any other LCNs except that Mate would be SD.

One thing that’s probably been missed amongst all the discussion: What about the Gold Coast? Will they finally have access to their local feed of Seven in HD including the 5.30pm local news (not that it’s produced in HD, but still not ideal for Seven to only have the Brisbane feed in HD - Nine gets it right) when Regional Queensland makes the switch?

I think saying “Not every TV will be able to receive 7HD, but if you can see RACING.COM you’re right to go!” in the promo would be a good way of addressing the situation.

For those wanting more technical info, a “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the website would be a great idea.

We’d all understand that, but how is the average viewer (most of whom I suspect don’t follow this type of thing quite as avidly as most on Media Spy would) supposed to know where to find Seven HD without being told?!

Similar deal with Seven in the metropolitan markets.

1 Like

Hrm… Will there be 7HD-branded promos in the near future like what Nine switched to a while ago?

1 Like

I didn’t realise 7Qld HD won’t be LCN 60 like Prime7.

1 Like