Max (formerly HBO Max)

Yeah first run HBO exclusive to Foxtel but was surprised Stan got The Fresh Prince of Belair Reunion off HBO Max.

I do not know where this movie will go here in Australia since we do not have HBO Max

Isn’t it just a WB property?

According to Village Cinemas website, Wonder Woman 1984 will be released in Australia on Boxing Day.

1 Like

I assume it will be in theatres but interesting to see if it also releases to PVOD too.

maybe foxtel or binge?

This would seem to indicate the simultaneous cinema and streaming release is only occuring in the US.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/wonder-woman-1984-hbo-max-theater-release-same-day-2020-11

It would be good if Australia gets the same treatment

WB needs to launch HBO Max in AU ASAP

I can see it meeting resistance from cinema operators, especially given unlike other countries cinemas can operate at decent capacity levels

Whether this dual release system will stick around post covid or not will be interesting to watch

2 Likes

Could Australia be involved since several US dramas have been under production here in the past 12 months?

Won’t happen. WB didn’t want to set it up here, chose to sell it’s content to Foxtel instead.

1 Like

it wont happen at all sorry to say. hbo is selling all its content to foxtel and is why binge was set up.

I would never say never. Studios have proven that they’re willing to go direct. I’d say that they will definitely evaluate the AU market as the deal with Foxtel/Binge comes up for renewal - they may feel that they get good bang for buck from the foxtel deal vs going direct but I just wouldn’t rule it out.

2 Likes

The reboot of Sex and the City is on… without Kim Cattrall. The three remaining stars will be executive producers of the show.

1 Like

But why? Greed?

1 Like

Subscribers to max and also money I would say.

SJP has been trying to get a 3rd movie going for years and when Kim said no “get f*%#ed” that’s when it fell apart.

So no doubt SJP has jumped at this.

Also as much as I am a fan of the original series it hasn’t aged well at all.

2 Likes