Have You Been Paying Attention?

They have with ABC shows.

1 Like

The show returns tonight with The Wrong Girl star Jessica Marais as guest quizmaster. She will be joined by Australian ten pin bowling champion Jason Belmonte.

Why was there no episode on Monday? A planned break?

They Showed Part 2 of Brock in the timeslot

I thought some of the jokes were insensitive at the time and surprised the King’s death was part of the show.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/damomcfadden/status/788322831327125505/photo/1

It is after all a news quiz so the Thai King’s death had to be mentioned. But it should have lasted for one question only, and mourning scenes not repeated later in the episode as jokes. Looks like some Thai-Australians have complained to the local embassy hence the letter to Ten. Maybe Tom will issue an apology at the start of next week’s show then it will be the end of the matter.

No it didn’t

Shame about that non-apology though

Ten has apologised to Thailand’s Ambassador to Australia over the jokes related to the King’s death last week. The network’s statement:

Network Ten has written to the Ambassador of Thailand in Canberra to apologise for the inappropriate comments made on the program. In no way was any disrespect intended and we sincerely regret any distress caused.
The video has been taken down from Ten’s website and other social channels, and will be edited to remove this segment, prior to the episode being broadcast or made available again.

Netballer Sharni Layton and Brooke Jowett (who was eliminated from Australian Survivor last week) are this week’s guest quizmasters. Cyndi Lauper, who was in Melbourne at the weekend for the Australian premiere of musical Kinky Boots, also asked a question.

That was one of the funniest episodes ever. So many laugh out loud moments.

4 Likes

Agree, Kitty & Urzila were on fire… Sam with a few funnies too.

Not sure if it’s just me, but looks like they’re using some new camera angles? The studio looks huge in some of the wide shots, it also looks like there’s a proper entrance to the set now for guests rather then sliding between 2 set pieces. Nothing new here, but the mirrors next to the audience makes it look like it’s double the amount of people in there also… looks great.

2 Likes

What are we looking at here?

I had the impression that the show came out a tiny studio with a small audience.

1 Like

This is from Sam Pang’s Twitter:

HYBPA shares the same Melbourne studio as The Project. Unless of course HYBPA is now recorded at bigger premises like Global Studios at Southbank or Docklands Studios?

1 Like

The cheers and laughs sounded louder and the shot of the five contestants looked wider. So probably at new studios.

3 Likes

Definitely looks like a new/larger studio…

Last week

This week

5 Likes

I can’t recall ever seeing an audience shot like that before. Unless the bought in a LOT of mirrors :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed things had changed, to be fair I was watching on my laptop and we all know the streaming quality on tenplay isn’t the best so wasn’t sure if it was my eyes or the aspect.

Interesting move changing the location of filming, to cater for bigger demand for audiences? Potential filming clash with MotoGP coverage being anchored until about 5pm yesterday from the Melbourne studios? The Project sick of having to put the set back together after filming of HYBPA is finished on a Sunday?

Looks good anyway, i’d be willing to bet the majority of tonight’s at home audience wouldn’t have noticed a thing - they’ve done a great job recreating all element of the set elsewhere.

1 Like

Yep, I thought something was up the moment I saw a much larger crowd than before. Nice that the show has gotten more attention since the ratings boost this year. :slight_smile: :+1:

2 Likes