Have You Been Paying Attention?

I reckon this week’s episode was taped on Saturday in Melbourne.

2 Likes

It was sepculated it was likely filmed on Saturday instead since The Sunday Project came from Melbourne over the weekend.

The opening to tonight’s episode had Tom jogging into the set holding the Silver Logie, and saying he was proud that the show won most popular entertainment program for the second year in a row. That would not be possible if the episode was taped on Saturday.

Unless they filmed two versions.

2 Likes

correct

Tom just mentioned Grant Denyer winning the Gold Logie with a picture from last night to prove it. Could that be in one of the two versions too?

yep, pic added in post

1 Like

So he would have had to do 6 (well 3) different takes of who won Gold?

2 Likes

Rising New Zealand comedian Melanie Bracewell will make her first appearance on the show next week.

Definitely recorded pre-Logies given the lack of Bert Newton gags in the flashbacks that they did.

3 Likes

It was recorded on saturday

I watched Monday’s episode tonight, and in the segment where clips of previous Logie Awards were shown Tom stated that one in particular was on Ten and the caption in the corner stated Network Ten. However the announcer on the broadcast said ‘on the Australian Television Network’, so it was actually on Seven.

5 Likes

Former WBO welterweight champion Jeff Horn is this week’s guest quizmaster according to a promo aired tonight.
EDIT: Wentworth star Kate Jenkinson is this week’s second guest quizmaster.

Note: Kate will be on Talkin’ 'Bout Your Generation tonight as well.

1 Like

1 Like

seems to be urzila appearing week on week off. not complaining, she’s fucking hilarious. it would be interesting if they had more of their regular guests sometimes appearing as the b team to sam and ed’s a team

5 Likes

Wouldn’t it become too predictable? I think better to keep the mix match.

wut?

I’m saying to mix it up

Every other week have it rotate between Urzila + someone else (possibly Anne, Kitty or Jane) and Sam + Ed which would make it less predictable and you’d get more of a rotation of guests, 3 heavily rotated seats as opposed to one or two.

i.e.
Odd weeks - Sam, Ed + 3; and
Even weeks - Urzila, (Kitty/Anne/Jane) + 3.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

6 Likes

These shows are hard. Getting good talent is even harder.