Have You Been Paying Attention?

He fooled me.

So when do they notify the recipients of the Queens Birthday Honours? Cause They seem to know all about it last night when they filmed it.

Dawn Fraser said the letter was waiting for her when she got home from the Commonwealth Games in April.

Sam Pang revealed to other contestants and studio audience in the first segment that Tom has received an Order of Australia. Given the episode was recorded yesterday and the announcement was embargoed until midnight, didn’t Sam break the rule? Wouldn’t the audience reveal it on social media after returning home?

I’m sure they would’ve complied with relevant rules, the audience probably had to sign something before entering saying they wouldn’t disclose anything from filming the day before.

1 Like

or they filmed it before the audience came in?

That’s a possibility which I thought of also, guess the point is that it would’ve been glaringly obvious that the show was pre-recorded if Tom didn’t get any recognition (I feel like most people would know this) but since it has a news focus they try and keep up with current affairs as if it’s ‘as live’.

1 Like

There were jokes about it thoughout the broadcast including in the final segment.

Actress and playwright Liv Hewson is this week’s guest quizmaster. EDIT: she will also appear on Talkin’ 'Bout Your Generation on Nine next Monday (June 25).

EDIT 2: former Socceroo and Melbourne Victory star Archie Thompson is this week’s second guest quizmaster.

3 Likes

Anne Edmonds, Urzila Carlson & Tony Martin are the guests next week along with Sam & Ed.

HYBPA has its own mega-megawall

7 Likes

Surely a gag was made about Optus?

Did you not watch? Too busy watching Love Island? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

4 Likes

If you must know my run down tonight:

Neighbours, The Project, MasterChef, Footy Classified (last week via 9Now), Footy Classified (now - live) :vulcan_salute:

At the risk of taking this wildly off topic, you watched a one-week-old news-based AFL panel show after another round had been played?

3 Likes

Yes

I was just teasing. I think we all know your thoughts on Love Island :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Mine was The Project, House Rules, Have You Been Paying Attention, and two episodes of Younger. HYBPA was the most entertaining of all those.

1 Like