Have You Been Paying Attention?

The hashtag #hybpa on instagram confirms that it was filmed from different studios this week: https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/hybpa/
This week’s episode was filmed on Saturday 22 Oct at NEP (Global) studios in Southbank.
Last week’s episode was filmed on Sunday 16 Oct at Ten studios in South Yarra.

5 Likes

Back to South Yarra for the show after next, not sure about this upcoming one.

E! news host Maria Menounos and singer Dami Im are this week’s guest quizmasters.

Maria was great. Not your usual American celebrity. She can laugh at herself and went along for the ride with all their jokes.

5 Likes

Agree JBar.

Was another fantastic show tonight. Plenty of laughs all round much like last week. This is definitely a little gem in an otherwise wasteland of a schedules at this time of the year. Shame it would only have a couple of weeks left now for the year. :pensive:

3 Likes

Ten has confirmed that HYBPA will return next year.

7 Likes

Donna Hay and The Veronicas are this week’s guest quizmasters.

Have to admit I didn’t see this coming. Working Dog are renowned for ending a show on a high and don’t like to over commit. With this and Russel Coight on for next year things don’t look promising for Upper Middle Bogan :frowning:

HYBPA is a topical show so might last longer than working dog scripted content. It’s cheap to make as well. And perhaps they’re giving ten a little back for showing faith in the show.

4 Likes

Utopia is back on ABC, as well.

HYBPA probably won’t return until May/June and doesn’t require all that much planning during the off season, so there’s at least six months to focus on writing and filming for Coight and/or Bogan.

Upper Middle Bogan has nothing to do with Working Dog. It’s produced by Gristmill (Robyn Butler/Wayne Hope).

1 Like

Oh really? I always thought it had something to do with Working Dog. My bad.

I’ve wondered this for quite some time, but why do they keep getting Abby Coleman to participate on the show? She’s not the least bit funny and I find her quite annoying to be honest. Maybe it’s just me…

2 Likes

I feel the same way about Jane…

Tom clearly hasn’t been paying attention - referred to Tony Abbott as the PM!!

Can’t say I agree with you there, but I felt the same way when they kept getting Neroli Meadows on the show :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You always know Abby will win when she’s on too. Like Jane, she plays for points.

1 Like

Ia there a bit of a rivilary between her and Ed? Do they host two different radio shows at the same time in the same city?

We havent seen michala Banas this year. I always enjoyed watching when she was on.

1 Like

Yes, that’s exactly what Tom said (and has mentioned before). Ed is on Triple M breakfast and Abby is on Hit breakfast in Brisbane. Friendly rivalry, I’d say.

1 Like