Great songs heard on radio

Eddie Money - Take Me Home Tonight yesterday on Star 104.5 Central Coast :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Big Time - Peter Gabriel

Playing right now on Triple M Sydney.

:+1: :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Soul Revival - Johnny Diesel And The Injectors

Playing right now on Triple M Sydney.

It’s funny that, I was only thinking to myself earlier today that it’s been ages since I’ve heard this song on the radio.

1 Like

Heatseeker - AC/DC

Now Playing on Triple M Sydney.

A great Acca Dacker track that doesn’t get much airplay.

1 Like

One I haven’t heard for a while

Great Wall - Boom Crash Opera

On Triple M Sydney right now.

3 Likes

Valley Girl- FRANK ZAPPA

Full marks to the current presenter on 2EAR for pulling this one out. A first on Australian radio for me.

T Rex- Hot Love

Haven’t heard this one for quite a while

Heard on 1377 AM Classic Rock Radio, Melbourne Right now.

Edit: Also heard Divinyls - Pleasure And Pain right after which is a bonus!

2 Likes

Heard on FM104 back in 1988… specially during breakfast with Bill Healy…

Was perfect for them when their share was over 30%… funny that they weren’t prepared to play pop… yet a ‘poppy’ track like this was still considered cool enough…

Very rarely heard these days anywhere… but that’s probably because if you’re gonna play Elton John… there’s plenty better to choose from…

3 Likes

Yeah I remember hearing that Elton track on FM104. That’s one of the things I loved about the station. While they mostly avoided “poppy” sounding tracks they had a knack of dropping in a few that just seemed to work. I don’t know how but they managed it but they picked ones that sounded cool even amongst the “real” cool music.

1 Like

A goodie I haven’t heard for a while

Touch Peel And Stsnd - Days Of The New

Now Playing on Triple M Sydney.

2 Likes

I remember going to the FM cafe (downstairs at the Myer Centre) it was an exciting time… Expo was on and we had a brand new shopping centre with a roller coaster in it…

And of course, in the FM cafe they had FM104 blasting out loud…

And this band of Scot gits was playing…

2 Likes

Yeah ‘Dress you up’ is one of my Maddy faves… it was the B-side for ‘Live to tell’…

I remember hearing it on 2SM back in the day.

2 Likes

Ah, those were the days!!

I vaguely remembering seeing that roller coaster of sorts suspended from the ceiling in the Myer Centre in Brizzy during a family holiday in the Expo year of 1988.

I don’t recall seeing the FM Cafe, was it anything to do with FM104, or even radio in general?

2 Likes

12 inch mix of “What Have You Done For Me Lately” by Janet Jackson on WSFM’s “All 80s” weekend right now.

They’ve played a few extended mixes today.

Calling - Angry Anderson

Just played on Northside Radio 99.3 Chatswood in Sydney.

Great song, one I’ve never really heard before.

Disco Duck - Rick Dees and His Cast of Idiots, heard last night on none other than Forever Classic 2CA

1 Like

One for the @dxnerd, I heard Electric Hippies’ Greedy People yesterday, on River 949 I believe

3 Likes

Steely Dan - Hey Nineteen. 99.3 B-Rock FM one night about 3 weeks ago.

3 Likes

Lol!
3 weeks ago!
It was that memorable, was it!?
:rofl:

1 Like

Yes i thought it was worthy of mentioning here. Have been meaning to post it up. Didn’t expect to hear it.

1 Like