Great songs heard on radio

No he is still there mate. I can’t see much change until 1st November. There will be a new Content Director starting then too.

Pretty In Pink - Psychedelic Furs

Now playing on WSFM Sydney.

Haven’t heard that on the radio for a long time!

2 Likes

I heard “Comedown” by Bush on Triple M Sydney a few days ago. Great song! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pretty in Pink is a great song. The only station I recall hearing that on in the last 10 years or so was once on Hot Tomato

1 Like

Come Sail Away/Styx on Kool 108 Minnesota via iHeart radio. Actually Kool 108 is a great listen for classic hits.

I agree. For the past few months, I have been making compilation videos of Australian releases which have charted within the ARIA Top-50 and although some songs are quite ordinary, there are some which are great IMO (and deserved to achieve more success than they did). “Don’t Go Now”, “Coma” and “Sundial (Mary Jane)” are some of my personal favourites.

I think it’s a shame that radio stations don’t play more Australian music. They need to realise that there is more to Australian music than just Delta Goodrem, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Cry - Dragon.

Triple M GHD.

received great airplay back in '85 on 2SM…

2 Likes

One of their best. And they had quite a few.

2 Likes

Everyday Is A Winding Road - Sheryl Crow

Just played on FUN Classic Hits on Digital DAB radio in Sydney.

She’s become something of a forgotten artist from the late 90s on radio in recent years.

2 Likes

“All I Wanna Do” is still a regular on most adult hits stations. One that’s truly forgotten is “A Change Will Do You Good”. “Soak Up The Sun”- a minor comeback hit- was on heavy rotation on New FM in 2002, but has disappeared completely.

3 Likes

Yeah, I still hear “All I Wanna Do” a bit around the place. Every Day and A Change were pretty big back in the day but are seldom heard now - I think the former may have even been part of some advertising campaign a while back?

You know I saw Sheryl Crow live as a supporting act in the 90s. She was amazing! I can’t even remember who she was supporting because she blew me away with her own songs and some covers.

2 Likes

Caught the end of “Walking on Sunshine” on Gold!

1 Like

and don’t it feel good.

Alright now.

1 Like

Dido - Here With Me now on The Breeze - always bring back memories of TV series Roswell.

1 Like

Vangelis - Chariots of Fire, again on The Breeze

2 Likes

Call Me - Go West

Now Playing on…

2NUR FM Newcastle!

“Easy Listening Favourites”… which I suppose that song is in some ways.

Great song though, one that is still infrequently heard these days.

Beast Of Burden - Bette Midler

Just played on WSFM’s “all 80s” weekend.

Another great track we seldom hear much of on the radio.

SWR FM Blacktown are currently playing “Obsession” by Animotion (1985) as part of their “Awesome 80s” program, heard this time every Saturday afternoon.

A great song I haven’t heard on the radio since… well, 1985!

Great song. Gets played a lot on Absolute 80s. I hear it about once a week.

1 Like