Great songs heard on radio

heard detachable penis by king missile on MMM yesterday. i hadn’t heard that on the radio in years

2 Likes

Let’s Dance - David Bowie, the 12" extended version played on Rebel at 12.30pm EST today. Rebel always plays full versions.

3 Likes

Rita Coolidge,"All Time High " on The Breeze this morning :+1:.This song is from a James Bond movie,can’t remember what one

1 Like

Octopussy, the 2nd last James Bond film to star the late Sir Roger Moore.

2 Likes

Take Me Away- LASH (2BXS FM)

A great forgotten track from the early noughties.

4 Likes

Change in Mood/Kids in the Kitchen
Don’t pay the ferry man/Chris de Burgh
Computer Games/MI Sex

on MMM Greatest Hits today.

3 Likes

Madonna, "Borderline " on the Breeze this morning :+1:One of her earlier hits you don’t hear anywhere else

4 Likes

Great song and definitely under-played in this country. I heard it every day on the radio when in the US last year.

3 Likes

A great song! Also getting a few spins on Star 104.5 of late

1 Like

Enigma - Sadness Part 1 on The Breeze this morning.

3 Likes

Now there’s a great song I haven’t heard for years!

1 Like

Why Can’t I Be You? - The Cure

Playing right now on “The Greatest Years In Music” (for me on 106.7 Triple M Kempsey).

Good to hear a Cure song on the radio that isn’t “The Love Cats” or “Friday I’m In Love”.

3 Likes

And “Close To Me” seems to be on high rotation on Gold 104.3 in Melbourne

2 Likes

Don’t Believe Anymore - Icehouse, on 102.5 The Edge this morning. One of many awesome songs by this awesome band. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Yes Icehouse had so many great ones, but that is near the top for me.

1 Like

Me too mate.

Another great song I heard on Flashback Fridays on The Edge today was Us and Them by Pink Floyd. If they keep on play songs like these on Flashback Fridays, ill be a regular listener.

2 Likes

I think they should play songs like “Baby You’re So Strange” and “Touch The Fire” more… Songs like “Electric Blue” and “Great Southern Land” have been flogged to death already.

4 Likes

Most of the Icehouse catalogue-album tracks included- is suitable for airplay on commercial radio. I never tire of hearing “Electric Blue”, though, since it’s such a good pop song. “Great Southern Land” isn’t their best work and definitely overflogged; its status as an Australian pop anthem is undisputed, though.

2 Likes

Heard a short while ago on Coast FM Gosford during their 80s program:

Crazy Girl - Fischer Z

I haven’t heard this before, but it’s a quite a good song.

1 Like