Great songs heard on radio

Nobody’s Diary / Yazoo on Breeze right now - love this song! A rare gem.

1 Like

I’m a bit late in posting this, but last week WSFM had the A-Z of the 80s. According to Lava, they played the following great rarely heard songs

Shakedown - Bob Seger
I Wanna Be A Cowboy - Boys Don’t Cry
The Goonies R Good Enough - Cyndi Lauper
We Will Together - Eurogliders
Don’t Forget Me When I’m Gone - Glass Tiger
Axel F - Harold Faltermeyer
Shaddup You Face - Joe Dolce
Shattered Dreams - Johnny Hates Jazz
Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
Moonlight Shadow - Mike Oldfield
Stay - Oingo Boingo
Nude School - Painters & Dockers
Big Time - Peter Gabriel
Cum On Feel The Noize - Quiet Riot
Somebody’s Watching Me - Rockwell
Boys - Sabrina
Breakout - Swing Out Sister
The Walls Came Down - The Call
Wanna Be Up - The Chantoozies
Voices Carry - Til Tuesday
Work - Uncanny X-Men
Ship Of Fools - World Party
Senses Working Overtime - XTC

4 Likes

Great songs there!

1 Like

Fantastic tune that doesn’t get as much love as it should. Definitely one of the best songs of the 80s imo.

5 Likes

Holy Word / I’m Talking (Kate Cebrano) on Breeze. Goodness, I haven’t heard this for many years!

2 Likes

I don’t think Kate Cebrano sings on this song ,I agree it’s one of my favourites too👍

2 Likes

The video has both Kate and Zan sharing vocals on this one. Great song!

Zan is twin sister to Sherine Aberatyne, lead singer of Big Pig.

2 Likes

Pleasantly surprised to hear some rarer tracks on the ‘Forever Classic’ (GNFM) log this evening… heard between 7-10pm

Signed Sealed and Delivered I’m Yours – Stevie Wonder
Modern Woman – Billy Joel
Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick – Ian Dury & The Blockheads
Don’t Go Breaking My Heart – Elton John & Kiki Dee
The Nips Are Getting Bigger – Mental As Anything
Agadoo – Black Lace (!)
Ma Baker – Boney M
Borderline – Madonna
Lay Your Love On Me – Racey
Psycho Killer – Talking Heads
Horror Movie – Skyhooks

Hearing ‘Agadoo’ gave me a smile :grin:

4 Likes

Only one genuine rarity in that list for mine and that’s ‘Modern Woman’- a great Billy Joel track that doesn’t get much exposure.

When you’re in close proximity to Braidwood FM, it behoves you to be a bit bolder in your musical selection :wink:

1 Like

Ten years ago I wouldn’t have listed some of those songs, but commercial FM radio doesn’t play much of those now. Might still hear some of them on the ACE stations though.

3 Likes

“Amanda” by Boston from 1986 on The Breeze yesterday.
I recall hearing this one on FM 104 in the mid 80s .This band is more well known here in Australia for their classic rock song “More Than a Feeling “

3 Likes

Yes I remember both Amanda and More Than A Feeling on FM104. I think Amanda was released about 1986 and it was on high rotation about then.

2 Likes

Good pick. Though I played the full version of ‘Don’t Look Back’ on Thursday which is possibly rarer :wink:

(It was part of a US theme for July 4; here’s the full Missing Six):

David Lee Roth- Yankee Rose
Lenny Kravitz- California
Kansas- Carry On Wayward Son
Boston- Don’t Look Back
Atlanta Rhythm Section- So Into You
Chicago- Saturday In The Park (I Think It Was The 4th Of July)

2 Likes

My Obsession - Icehouse was playing in my local Woolworths tonight when I quickly went in there after work. Not the first time I’ve heard a good song in this store either.

6 Likes

Point of View by DB Boulevard played in my local Spar (convenience store) the other day. First time I’ve heard that on radio (does store radio count?) for YEARS.

5 Likes

Agree, great song!

2 Likes

Love that song!

2 Likes

Breeze played this song just yesterday morning too, been a while since I’d heard it too.

4 Likes

Played on The Conga Line in the past- nuff said. A Nova 969 classic along with ‘Dove’ by Moony (same singer).

1 Like

“Yellow Ribbon *on an old oak tree)” was an insipid pop hit which I dutifully played most of the times it came up in the log on an oldies station that will remain nameless. I never pursued the record, nor did I wonder if I would die without a copy of it. Young women and little girls called for it. A lot. I was just following orders…