Great songs heard on radio

Come back by London beat. 2gn. Dont hear on radio too much these days. Followed up by Your Wildest Dreams by The Moody Blues. :+1:

5 Likes

Great double shot. Gee Londonbeat were absolutely everywhere for about 12 months or so and then all but disappeared. The couple of hits they had received massive airplay at the time though.

1 Like

A Forever Classic special, that one. You don’t hear it much elsewhere, though.

5 Likes

Used to hear it on Triple M’s Cold 30 and that’s about it.

2 Likes

I haven’t heard any station play this one since 1986.Looked this one up on You Tube and think that this a great song that radio has forgotten about :confused:

1 Like

HUNDREDS OF LANGUAGES - GANGgajang

(Spirit WA)

A great forgotten tune which hasn’t been played on commercial radio for years.

6 Likes

Great video clip for TV news nerds too!

1 Like

Margaret Urlich - Number One (Remember When We Danced All Night) - Coles Radio… Not that unusual but I have not heard for a while I assume it is played on Smooth quite a lot.

4 Likes

I don’t think Smooth ever played that song. In fact, they don’t even play her biggest hit, “Escaping”, at least not for a very long time.

1 Like

I’ll have to look for this song on You Yube also

1 Like

Conversations Cold Chisel on hhh fm. Not sure if Triple M or wsfm ever play that song.

2 Likes

Margaret Urlich used to be played quite a lot on commercial radio at the height of her career from 1990-95. Don’t know why even Smooth FM or Brisbane’s 97.3 or similar formatted stations don’t play her hits now!

2 Likes

97.3 wouldn’t have the nous to play something like that even though they absolutely should! They are clueless.

I’ve heard Breeze play her though.

You’re right she was one of those artists who had massive airplay for a short period and then inexplicably disappeared almost entirely. Seems to happen a lot with Australian artists too like Wendy Mathews .

3 Likes

One I haven’t heard for quite a while

Unchain My Heart - Joe Cocker

Now Playing on WSFM.

only because Triple M have been playing it, plus a few other hits of his. I like 2Day and MMM’s strategy - trying to make WS and NOVA block them by going older themselves. Quite funny :slight_smile:

“Hanging by a Moment” by Lifehouse on Triple M Sydney just a few minutes ago. :slight_smile: I wish the radio stations in my local area would play that song more often.

7 Likes

Really I wish that song was played less… It’s played all the time on the Hit Regional Network.

Only Lonely - Divinyls

Just played on SWR FM Blacktown.

3 Likes

Interesting you mention this, Rebel FM here played this exact track just today after 4:30pm. Don’t know that I’ve heard them play it before either. Great tune

2 Likes

Today on 4KQ

Listening / Pseudo Echo
Street Cafe / Icehouse

7 Likes