ARN Regional (formerly Grant Broadcasters)

Does anyone know what happened to Stevie G, formerly of Bay FM? Bay FM had a huge shuffle of announcers from 2010 onwards that lost a lot of their older talent. I know Mark Hyland is now working in management at Geelong Broadcasters, and Mobbs got the boot, but no idea what happened to Stevie G?

The My Canberra Digital stream on the RadioApp hasn’t worked for a few days, though it is constantly pushed on DAB+ as a way to tune in. Oddly, I think, Kix Country Digital/FM is not on the RadioApp. Being a Queanbeyan FM narrowcast station reception is poor in the north west, but the DAB+ is ok of course.

I believe they only started streaming at the end of December, but could be wrong.

As for My Canberra Digital, I wasn’t aware they were taking rugby league coverage - where from? 2GB?

The NRL is on 2CC.

Ah, I read some complaints on their Facebook page about rugby coverage

Maybe it was rugby union?

I think he means rugby league (I am guessing @AustralianAerial lives in an AFL state where they sometimes forget there are 2 rugby codes).

As I couldn’t imagine 2CC covering a rugby union game.

1 Like

Yep, I do mean league!

1 Like

Heard an interesting ID on 7HO whilst I’m in Hobart, which goes something like “Same name, same station, 100% Hobart”. Perhaps a subtle dig at SCA’s recent rebranding of Heart 107.3 to Triple M? :wink:

7 Likes

mmmm I dont think the average listener would get this or care… a bit self indulgent if you ask me!

1 Like

And do they want everything the same? Life is all about change.

Looking at their playlist via RadioApp (which some Grant stations provide their playlists on there), Power FM in Nowra are doing a 90s weekend, where the first 5 songs of the hour (say between the top & bottom of the hour) are from that decade.

6iX is part of Capital too right and Grant also?

Yes, 6iX is part of the Capital Radio Network, who is in charge of programming & other on-air stuff, whilst Grant’s role in the joint-venture is in finance/sales. At least that’s how I understand it correctly. :slight_smile:

K-Rock in Geelong has appointed James ‘Speedy’ Speed as the station’s new Content Director, replacing Leigh Kuhlmann, who is leaving the station this Friday after 7 years. Speedy comes from hit92.9 in Perth, where he was Assistant Content Director/Announcer.

More: https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/kuhlmann-out-speed-k-rock

Where is Leigh Kuhlmann from K Rock going to? Was he punted or jumped before he could be punted?

Zinc 96.1 in Gympie/Sunshine Coast is doing “80s August” this month.

Source: Zinc 96 website

1 Like

While researching a new CRM came across this screen shot demonstrating one program’s features - looks pretty authentic.

2 Likes

Accelo couldn’t screenshot their own test data…?

Hot 91 live and local tonight due to bushfires around Caloundra. Unsure about Zinc.

2 Likes