ARN Regional (formerly Grant Broadcasters)

your mates with him so I doubt youll have an honest opinion

2 Likes

I might be mates with him but doesn’t mean I am not able to form my own view on the install of the studio.
Also keep in mine that Studio was installed in a hurry to get it on the air, and there will always be odds and ends that need to be touched up after things have settled.

Some posts have been removed. The personal sniping needs to stop. Please keep it nice and on topic. Thanks.

4CA looking for a new producer for John MacKenzie. What has happened to his long serving producer? They were a great team right?

River 949 broadcasting a (very loud) stereo tone at the moment RDS still working.

2 Likes

Continued for about 4 more hours overnight.

1 Like

Might’ve been messy cabling :wink:

1 Like

We have been streaming to Power 100 Townsville at our Christmas party… Not too bad at all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

96k mp3… yuck

2 Likes

The music mate :slight_smile:

Sarah Maree, ex-Nova 100 and current floater for Fox is doing breakfast on KRock next year. An awesome pick-up.

Zinc’s FM repeater in Noosa appears to be offair

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation - nothing here for a week and wasn’t sure if it was just very low power :slight_smile:

If Devonport’s 7AD ever relocates to FM, I Reckon 102.9 could be the best Option.

Back on tonight.

1 Like

Zinc is doing A-Z of the 70s and 80s up to new year.

2 Likes

Almost all Grant Stations Stream Horribly Low MP3 Streams Just Check Out Sea FM In Tas For Example.

I think the move to HE-AAC+ would be a much better idea considering almost all modern digital devices can decode it.
Convert all the 64k MP3 over to 64k HE-AAC+ and there would be a notable improvement

2 Likes

Nah the future is Opus not AAC

AAC apart from being 20 years old it is very synthetic… it is not a full band codec as where opus is.

2 Likes

Higgo is now covering shifts on Power FM Ballarat

2 Likes