ARN Regional (formerly Grant Broadcasters)

In Queensland, Grant programs Zinc 96 as a classic hits station including 20 years in 20 days. They also own Hot 91 in an overlap market.

3 Likes

Great . I stand corrected. Maybe it’s just a Sydney and surrounds thing.

Not necessarily, as Bay 93.9 in Geelong & 3BA in Ballarat, which both can be heard into Melbourne, has a similar music format to that of 2GO. Their playlists can be seen via RadioApp on mobile devices.

Thanks for the tip, the online streaming is reasonable.

1 Like

Bay has a pretty good format, 3BA tho I can’t really receive.

Replying on this thread, because 7XS is owned by Grant.

From my observations online, 7XS carries the same music log as 7HO in Hobart. Of course, 7XS takes AFL Nation, whereas 7HO don’t (MMM has the AFL covered in Hobart). It’s a similar story in Launceston & NE Tas, in which LAFM plays music (they only take AFL Nation on Friday nights), whilst 7SD (which generally carries the same programming/music log as LAFM) takes AFL Nation all weekend.

FYI, I didn’t really listen to the station when I was down on the We(s)t Coast in March last year.

1 Like

Makes sence, it’s pretty much run entirely out of Hobart.

Hot 91.1 on the Sunshine Coast will (temporarily) change its name to Harry 91.1 from 5pm this afternoon (ie. right now at time of writing this post) in honour of the Royal Wedding.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t give them anything at all.

4 Likes

A succulent Chinese meal?
A teaspoon of harden the f**k up?
My sore back?
An Australian radio network?

I could go on here folks… :rofl:

2 Likes

This +10

I’d make them live in a council house in Liverpool and get real jobs for a while.

They wouldn’t know fair dinkum hard work if they fell over it.

3 Likes

Seriously these gimmick temporary name changes for stations are pathetic, but this one has to be the worst yet. Urgh.

6 Likes

https://radioinfo.com.au/news/vale-jeff-sunderland

1 Like

Sundo dies at work:

http://www.newmedia.com.au/radio-legend-jeff-sundo-sunderland-passes-away-.html

Monday 2 July will be a day the staff at Murray Bridge would I’m sure be wishing didn’t happen.

Picture it, you’re part of a business that operates for widespread public consumption, in this case, a radio station. What a terribly difficult task to keep that running whilst your work colleague dies beside you at work.

Shock deaths are often the worst for most people, no time to prepare and adjust. To have such a death happen whilst at work would be terribly traumatic for many.

The Cameron’s have a fair number of management whom I hope are giving the required assistance.

Would be no surprise for Adelaide media outlets to offer their own support from their end of the freeway. As with all facets of SA life, the Adelaide media community is a small group and especially among electronic media outlets, do support each other.

As with Merrick without Rosso or Martin without Molloy; to say Ann Wills will be devastated is an understatement. They made for such entertaining pairing.

I was fortunate to hear Sundo’s breakfast show in 2015 and 2016 whilst in Adelaide and was suitably impressed. A man who had provided decades of high standard broadcasting had found his ‘second wind’ presenting breakfast for 5MU. His on air standard as sharp as ever, a high calibre talent in a market adjacent to the capital city. Off air, just the same, an abundance of personal enthusiasm for broadcasting.

The Murray Bridge newspaper included this Youtube clip with their coverage:

1 Like

Looking at the “Now Playing” feature on their respective websites, it appears that 2ST, 2EC & 2NM have consolidated their music logs, much like what has happened with Power FM.

1 Like

That’s a shame.

From my limited experience listening to both 2ST and 2EC (haven’t really heard 2NM during hours when they had music on), they’ve previously run a good playlist that worked well with the market.

1 Like

I have notice the same with Classic Hits stations 4CA, 4MK, 4CC and Zinc 96.1. 4BU and 4RO seem to have their own Classic Hits logs.

I can never understand why both 4CC and 4RO have the same music format :roll_eyes: I guess if 4CC was to convert to FM they would relaunch as Star FM.

2 Likes

They’re just being cheap.

4CC has effectively already tried to convert to FM in Rockhampton.
They wanted to convert 1584 to FM to resolve coverage issues to Yeppoon and coastal towns.

The ACMA wisely said NO and only agreed to a low power FM translator near Yeppoon, with 1584 remaining for Rocky.

2 Likes

I had thought 4CC played different music to 4RO but I must be wrong. It seems very cheap if they don’t. They could really experiment a bit with 4CC. I mean they’re up against it against two FM stations and a sister station playing classic hits, why wouldn’t they be a bit adventurous? What have they got to lose. Maybe try soft AC or easy listening?

2 Likes

They do play different music however there is quite a bit of cross over between the stations.

4RO tends to play 60-80s with the odd 90s Power hit, where as 4CC plays 80s-Early 2010s with a few 70s thrown in.

2 Likes