Gogglebox Australia

Granny Silbery was good value this week.

yeah I hope they keep mum on

1 Like

So the Delpechitra children don’t know who Abba is, or is it just the the father can’t pronounce the name?

The Goggleboxers must have been the only people in the country who didn’t know that guy won the Million on Hot Seat.

The Goggleboxers did actually manage to review the “Million Dollar Episode” of Hot Seat! :wink:

They seem to be watching a lot of old episodes this season. It has been 11 days since that episode of Hotseat aired, hardly “this week”.

Edit - have just watched this weeks episode and they said Millionaire Hotseat was “on Tuesday night” when it was actually last Monday.

How soon after airing is this available on Tenplay? It is on Telstra TV the next day but the website also?

I really miss Anastcia’s mum on this show. :frowning:

It’s funny when you see people from Gogglebox in everyday life. I have seen quite a few of them around Melbourne. Most recently was Monday night I went to see Margaret Cho at the Athenaeum and the gay couple were there as well (So they clearly can’t have been filming any Gogglebox shows that night :stuck_out_tongue:) . I often also see the larger gay guy out the front near QV smoking during the day. I’ve also seen Adam on the train before at Southern Cross station and the mother of the two girls also working at the Flight Centre travel expo earlier this year. Apparently Anastacia sells nuts as well at the Mulgrave Famers Market on a Sunday. It’s funny seeing them and they really are just everyday people.

Stop stalking them. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It’s Anastasia not Anastacia which was the misspelt pop star’s name. :wink:

800 Words got a hammering.

Big love in for anything reality.

Any regular drama series is going to suffer from people who are not regular viewers. Reality shows have the advantage that people can watch one episode and it doesn’t matter so much if they haven’t seen the rest of the season or series. There’s not much background stuff you need to know to follow the story. It’s all the same same every week.

2 Likes

Pretty much straight away in my experience though there have been a few weeks when it hasn’t appeared until Friday afternoon.

1 Like

Agree. However, the return episode of Offspring received favourable comments from all the Goggleboxers.

Do you think they might highlight the positive comments towards Ten shows and remove the negative ones?

1 Like

Probably moreso this year, compared to last year when I do recall several negative comments about Family Feud (“this show is bloody awful” or something among those lines is one comment I remember) for example.

Maybe Ten/Foxtel have more influence on the content? Or perhaps there’s been a change in the people behind the scenes? I don’t know, but to me it definitely feels like more has changed about the show than just a few of the families this year.

They don’t seem to like The Bachelor that much.

I was expecting that to be the case when Gogglebox first started but the Goggleboxers have hammered several Ten shows, notably Spelling Bee, Family Feud and Chris Brown was absolutely crucified on I’m A Celeb. The thing about Offspring was quite a few of the female Goggleboxers appeared to have watched at least a season or two.

I do find a bias towards positive comments for ten’s shows. But I wonder whether that is gogglebox directed rather than producer directed. Possibly they have a fond love for networks that are providing them with an income.

1 Like

Great episode last night. Adam and Symon’s reaction to Richie dumping Nikki on The Bachelor finale was priceless. :grinning:

2 Likes

The producers of Gogglebox write a better script for The Block than the producers of The Block.

10 Likes