General News Events - Coverage Discussion

ABC 24 is showing the English translation of NHK domestic service covering the Japanese earthquake of about one hour ago. A tsunami has been detected and reached some areas.

There is now a smll window monitoring the events

Seven and Nine are using Facebook Live for rolling coverage

Seven

Nine

As are TEN

New Zealand Prime Minister John Key has resigned from the top job.

3 Likes

Very little coverage so far on PNG earthquake - presume in the news at 11pm AEDT -

Australia’s news channels:

CNN

New Zealand issues tsunami alert

Edit: Sky News opens with it but nothing from ABC24.

1 Like

Hope this is the right thread, but Qld Police Services Media at it again tonight:

Love the little dig at Seven/Nine too with the #FirstOnQPS hashtag

Just ABC24 running the breaking news right now.

Studio 10, Channel 9 and 7 Just running normal programming.

This was all of the TV multiplexes except C31 about 20 minutes after the news came through of his death.

Some of the caps were not live but had about a 20 second delay because I have only one tuner.

Wow such sad news one of my all time favourite singers,l was lucky enough to see him in concert.

Because it’s a public holiday summer editions of The Morning Show and Studio 10 and cricket on Nine, but Seven Morning News had his death as top story.

Perpetual Loyal has won this year’s Sydney to Hobart in record time - almost five hours ahead of Wild Oates’ record in 2012.

Won.

1 Like

Haha, whoops. That’s autocorrection for ya! :blush: They did finish number one though. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I looked at the time of posting and just put it down to late night posting! Did you watch it come in? Have been down on the Dock a couple of times when they’ve come in at a more friendly time. Great atmosphere. They even had time to make it to the Taste opening today!

1 Like

Nine is celebrating Perpetual Loyal’s win because sports presenter Erin Molan is a crew member. So while Seven might have won the ratings year, Nine had the last laugh especially after Wild Oats XI (sponsored by Seven) had to withdraw from the yacht race after making a big lead.

1 Like

Not this year. I have previous years though and it’s a fantastic experience! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

At least 35 have been killed and 40 injured in an Istanbul nightclub shooting.

New South Wales Premier Mike Baird has resigned.

@pelican Studio 10 also covering this breaking news story going live to Mike Baird’s 10am press conferences. Nine also taking the press conference, Seven still airing tennis so far…

[quote=“Salty, post:141, topic:343”]
Seven still airing tennis so far…
[/quote] Seven in Sydney broke into the Tennis with Nat Barr presenting the News Flash

1 Like

@JackMelbTV ln Melbourne Nine and Ten showing his press conference.