Gecko

So i guess it is called Gecko because it is full of noise and crap.

Seriously though … another home shopping channel :frowning:

2 Likes

Let’s get back on topic. By The Way 4ME (known as Television 4 at the time) was also launched on the 18th of September of 2011 and Gecko TV will launch on the 18th of September of 2022, so 2 shopping channels will have the same birthday. By The Way it’s Spree TV’s birthday today. Happy 9th birthday Spree TV today.

you’re wishing happy birthday to a channel that is dead, don’t think they’ll be celebrating their birthday

3 Likes

It’s ok Leo at 6 News

surprised it wasn’t Sky News Regional or SBN.

1 Like

SBN maybe, Sky aren’t going to put it into metro areas because then why would you sign up and pay for Foxtel?

2 Likes

Should’ve been 6 News

10 Likes

I’d imagine the outrage internally from Ten about having to air Bolt and co. Especially when they attack Lisa Wilkinson and Narelda Jacobs.

Maybe if Ten and Sky shares resources and decide that attacking Ten is off limits it could be a possibility.

Also there’s obvious clashes like Sky News Regional Breakfast competing against Ten’s 8am News etc.

1 Like

I also don’t think a televangelist channel would be a particularly attractive channel in a metro market. I feel the demo’s wouldn’t be suited to that type of content :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Is there still hope that Gecko could secretly be a news channel? Gecko News? 10 Gecko News? Anyone???

2 Likes

No.

2 Likes

I dunno, I reckon a Hillsong channel like the one recently removed from Foxtel would develop a sizeable loyal audience amongst the significant pentecostal population that resides in Sydney.

1 Like

Personally, I’m disappointed that the new channel isn’t linked in someway to the Geico Gecko:

9 Likes

PRG for tomorrow.

etc

4 Likes

I obviously watched too many Jeopardy! episodes last year because every time I’ve seen that name recently I think of the Geico Gecko and Johnny Gilbert’s “15 minutes could save you 15% or more on car insurance” VO from when Geico was the show’s lead sponsor. I’ve developed a thing for American insurance ad mascots. Liberty Mutual’s LiMu Emu and Doug crack me up and Flo the Progressive Insurance lady makes me smile.

2 Likes

What an exciting line up. I’m sure that this wonderful lineup will bring in many viewers tuning into the first day of this channel…

tenor

5 Likes

To be entirely fair, were we really expecting they’d pull out all the stops for a new 10-branded multichannel without any proper announcement?

1 Like

Channel started straight into an infomercial. There was a community service announcement and ident later.

6 Likes

As far as shopping channels goes I like the presentation