Gecko

Can everyone send me a screenshot of the placeholder on channel 17 please. Also I’m in a SCA area (Canberra).

Fingers crossed SBN is going national. It’s only fair.

12 Likes

SBN is already there in Canberra, Southern NSW, Regional QLD, Regional VIC, Darwin and Tasmania via SCA

It’s a black screen.

9 Likes

It’s not in metro areas, so it’s not national. That’s the joke.

8 Likes

It’s just a black screen

1 Like

What do you think will be replacing SpreeTV?

• Another home shopping/paid content channel
  • A Paramount/Viacom channel
  • A new 10-branded channel
  • A timeshifted 10-branded channel
  • Something else (leave a comment)

0 voters

2 Likes

Probably Sky News Metro or SBN

1 Like

I don’t think there’s any indication News Corp is working with Paramount. There’s more chance of this being Ticker than Sky News.

6 Likes

Maybe it could be that Expo home shopping channel that used to be on Channel 49 during the Digital 44 Datacasting Trial from the late 2000s. Right now, it’s a huge mystery.

Just hold your horses. I know you’ve got Wikipedia open in another browser tab ready to scribe history, which is great. But this isn’t a race. Just take your time. Better off being accurate with correct cited information than rushing just incase someone sees old information about Spree. The details always end up being posted here, you can be guaranteed that.

22 Likes

Its most likely going to be another home shopping channel.
Why would they have 11, 12, 13, 15, Shopping (16), then 17 as another proper channel?
If it was another channel it’d go on 14

4 Likes

Any trademarks been registered recently?

Or 18 or 19 or 100 @Nicholas

10 JAMM was registered in 2020, which was reported by @KevinPerry. Was this an optional name for 10 SHAKE? Jamm does imply music…

:thinking:

2 Likes
7 Likes

You’re on fire with the references today, @bacco007

Vale: Vin Scully :sleepy:

7 Likes

Did anything come of those rumours Ten would be getting more involved in horse racing and/or having Sky channel in some form as a counter to Seven’s Racing,com?

Different form of paid programming is the obvious other thing. 10 Peach HD is probably the only other vaguely possible thing, but then they flipped 10 Bold without simulcast so would be weird for Peach to be different.

2 Likes

I’m guessing Ticker or a business channel, similar to YourMoney which was very good, but only lasted a year.

1 Like

But not financially viable

2 Likes