Foxtel

This is what I am thinking too. Unless the shows can be streamed live and watched individually.

Exact same thing with me. I had trouble finding the live channels and I thought their placement was really odd.

They currently feature some shows as separate live events (particularly for ESPN shows) so I would guess that’s the path they would go down if what JKD outlined does happen

Yes they would Ando9185.

They would be on demand I think.

1 Like

Foxtel has acquired the rights to Channel 4 show Escape to the Chateau DIY.

According to News Corp’s second quarter results, Foxtel subscribers rose to 2.9 million viewers, higher than last year. 2.5 million were broadcast and commercial subscribers, and the remainder consisted of Foxtel Now and Kayo Sports subscribers. Average revenue per subscriber fell by 3% to $78 per customer. Churn – the number of users giving up their subscriptions – rose from 14.5% to 15.6%.

i’m suprised theres no channel on fox showing classic aussie shows. seems most of them are put in a vault and never seen again.

shows like:

A Country Practice

Blue Heelers

E Street

Mother and Son

Sons and Daughters

The Sullivans

Heartbreak High

Early Eps of Neighbours

4 Likes

Seven has a few of them and more on 7plus:
Blue Heelers
Heartbreak High

$$$$ and network reluctance to pass on the rights.

2 Likes

Foxtel Now appears to have added CNN in recent days. I noticed it on my subscription for the first time today.

I’m what many on this forum would refer to as a “right wing nut job” who enjoys Sky News After Dark and Fox News, but I’m glad CNN has been added as it provides customers with more choices…and I like to keep in touch with the talking points of the other side.

2 Likes

these became avaibale as of yesterday . heres hopping they put more on and have the whole foxtel linar on foxtel now

1 Like

Fox Classics would be amazing (and my mother would have an incentive to regularly use the box, making it much easier for her during the football season)

From Foxtel

From 6.00am February 14, six additional channels will be available on Foxtel Now. These additional channels will be available to all customers:

• CNN
  • MTV Music
  • MTV Dance
  • CMC
  • Max
  • Foxtel Arts/Smooth
3 Likes

It was available for a while in early 2017 until Foxtel culled a fair amount of channels from what was then ‘Foxtel Play’ before it relaunched as ‘Foxtel Now’.

Good to see a few more channels - would love a few more news channels.

Yeah, would like CNBC back.

In other news, Foxtel will be renumbering their movie channels tomorrow.

Current Position New Position
400 Disney Movies HD 400 Channel no. removed
401 Disney Movies + 2 401 Premiere Movies HD
402 Family HD 402 Family Movies HD
403 Family +2 403 Disney Movies HD
404 MORE Movies HD 404 Comedy Movies HD
405 Premiere HD 405 Action Movies HD
406 Premiere +2 406 Thriller Movies HD
407 Masterpiece HD 407 Romance Movies HD
408 Greats HD 408 Masterpiece Movies HD
409 Action HD 409 Movie Greats HD
410 More Movies HD
411 Action +2 411 Premiere Movies +2
412 Comedy HD 412 Action Movies +2
414 Romance HD 414 Family Movies +2
415 Thriller HD 415 Disney Movies +2
241 MORE Movies SD 241 Premiere Movies SD
242 Disney Movies SD 242 Family Movies SD
243 Family SD 243 Disney Movies SD
244 Premiere SD 244 Comedy Movies SD
245 Masterpiece SD 245 Action Movies SD
246 Greats SD 246 Thriller Movies SD
247 Action SD 247 Romance Movies SD
248 Comedy SD 248 Masterpiece SD
249 Romance SD 249 Movie Greats SD
251 Thriller SD 251 More Movies SD
1 Like

They have gone back to the old numbering sysyem whch imo is sad coz i think the way it was ,was much better ie disney movies then disn ey movies+2 not the way it is now

Foxtel graphic

I agree. They should have started doing this in other categories too.

Foxtel should have a promotion where if you have the sports and hd packages you get the movie package for $10 a month till the end of the AFL & NRL Seasons.

1 Like