Foxtel

This promo popped up in my inbox from Telstra. That is probably the cheapest deal I’ve seen for the Sport package (only in SD ).

4 Likes

Foxtel Now offered me a $29 sports package automatically when I cancelled. I was only with them for not even 6 months.

1 Like

Foxtel’s new sports streaming service has been delayed until December.

How long have Foxtel being running the #ThanksForServing ads? Saw one on the big screen at Kings vs Taipans yesterday.

Mind you…if Foxtel were really grateful to veterans, they’d be giving them access for nothing. :wink:

1 Like

The Australian Financial Review reports Foxtel is hashing out deals with ESPN and beIN Sports to bring their content to the new streaming service, to be launched in early December.

4 Likes

Foxtel signs multi-year deal with
Warner Bros. International Television Distribution

In a brand-new, multi-year deal with Warner Bros. International Television Distribution, Foxtel today announced it will be the home of an exciting line-up of exclusive Warner Bros. titles, including four new series premiering on FOX8 and FOX SHOWCASE over the next twelve months: Castle Rock; Legacies; Roswell, New Mexico and Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists .

Brian Walsh, Foxtel’s Executive Director of Television, said: “Warner Bros. Television is one of the entertainment industry’s most respected producers of original and award-winning drama and comedy, and this new deal will further enrich Foxtel’s incredible slate of exclusive international content.”

Jeffrey Schlesinger, President, Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Distribution, said: “We are pleased to have concluded this deal with Foxtel to bring these distinctive and entertaining series to audiences in Australia.”

Premiering tonight on FOX SHOWCASE is the highly-anticipated psychological horror series Castle Rock , from J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions and executive producers/writers Sam Saw & Dustin Thomason. Set in the Stephen King multiverse and featuring a stellar cast including André Holland, Melanie Lynskey, Bill Skarsgård, with Jane Levy and Sissy Spacek, the chilling new 10-part series combines the mythological scale and intimate character storytelling of King’s best-loved worlds, weaving an epic saga of darkness and light, played out on a few square miles of Maine woodland.

While the fictional town of Castle Rock has figured prominently in King’s literary career – Cujo , The Dark Half , IT and Needful Things as well as the novella The Body and short story Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption are either set there or contain reference to Castle Rock – Castle Rock is an original suspense/thriller, a first-of-its-kind reimagining that explores the themes and worlds uniting the entire King canon, while brushing up against some of his most beloved stories.

Legacies , the new occult drama series from Julie Plec that represents the third chapter in The Vampire Diaries / The Originals trilogy, will premiere on FOX8 this Thursday, November 15 at 9.30pm and follows the next generation of supernatural beings at The Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted.

Klaus Mikaelson’s daughter, 17-year-old Hope Mikaelson; Alaric Saltzman’s twins, Lizzie and Josie Saltzman and other young adults come of age in the most unconventional way possible, nurtured to be their best selves, in spite of their worst impulses. Will these young witches, vampires and werewolves become the heroes they want to be — or the villains they were born to be?

Coming to FOX8 in 2019 is new drama series Roswell, New Mexico , based on the Roswell High book series as imagined by The Originals’ Carina Adly MacKenzie and Julie Plec.

After reluctantly returning to her tourist-trap hometown, Roswell native Liz Ortecho discovers a shocking truth about her teenage crush who is now a police officer: he’s an alien who has kept his unearthly abilities hidden his entire life, along with those of his otherworldly siblings. She protects his secret as the two reconnect and begin to investigate his origins, but when a violent attack and long-standing government cover-up point to a greater alien presence on Earth, the politics of fear and hatred threaten to expose him and destroy their deepening romance.

Also launching on FOX8 next year is Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists , the 10-episode spinoff of the international hit series Pretty Little Liars from executive producer/writer I. Marlene King, based on the Alloy Entertainment book series.

Set in Beacon Heights, a seemingly perfect town, the series revolves around a group of three college friends who struggle with the stress of being overachievers. In the aftermath of the town’s first murder, each Perfectionist hides behind a secret, a lie and an alibi. Sasha Pieterse returns as Alison DiLaurentis and Janel Parrish as Mona Vanderwaal, joined by Sofia Carson, Sydney Park, Eli Brown, Graeme Thomas King, Hayley Erin, Chris Mason and Kelly Rutherford.

All four series will also be available at launch to stream through Foxtel On Demand on internet-connected iQ set-top-boxes and on streaming services Foxtel Go and Foxtel Now.

1 Like

There’s still more 20th Century Fox in waiting: Star, Life in Pieces, Speechless etc.

https://www.tvblackbox.net/exclusive-foxtel-sends-out-redundancy-notices-on-same-day-as-christmas-party-invites/

Wow

1 Like

Hopefully whoever thought that wasn’t going to bite themwill be next on the list. That’s disgraceful.

1 Like

It’s a shame those people are losing their jobs but the signs are good that foxtel is continuing to crumble.

1 Like

It seems that modern corporate HR is ironically devoid of humanity.

The argument often is that it’s cruel to delay the inevitable when it’s likely that everyone within the company knows that redundancies are on the way,

I don’t buy that… better planning could avoid having to do it at all at this time of year.

3 Likes

That’s kinda low.

2 Likes

Where on earth are they using this? I don’t see any recommendations on the iQ4?

Edit: if they had sense, they’d use the glorious TiVo interface, not the turd that is the iQ3/iQ4 interface.

2 Likes

TiVo has patents on digital video recording technologies and enforces those patents through licencing deals. That’s why Foxtel has paid TiVo. Comcast refuses to pay TiVo and they are locked in a long running legal dispute.

3 Likes

Regarding the WB deal does that just include some titles or does that mean all new WB titles go exclusively to Foxtel rather than free to air or streaming?

It would depend on the nature of the deal that’s been signed.

Media companies can buy FTA rights, subscription TV rights or streaming rights… or a combination of all three.

It depends on how much money they want to spend.

These days of course most broadcasters would want to leverage some form of digital rights as well.

3 Likes

I connected my headphones to the TV and watched a bit of FOXTEL tonight.

To my surprise, the only channels that were in stereo sound were the HD Movie channels and FOX 8 HD. Every other channel I tried seemed to be running mono sound, even the 8xx range music video and audio channels, rather disappointingly.

I don’t remember it being like this in years gone by?

Is it just me, or are others experiencing the same thing?

I hope they send redundancy notices to the person(s) responsible for

• bidding for the EPL rights that eventually went to Optus Sport
  • deciding not to renew the rights to the NHL (National Hockey League)
2 Likes