Foxtel

so if i upgrade my iq3 to the newer iq3 i wouldn’t be able to watch fta tv?

the IQ3 and the IQ4 ship with an antenna cable. in the settings of the box you can chose the source for channels that are both FTA and on the sat (you can get them over the antenna or over the satellite)

I had an iQ3 from the get-go and had all my FTA channels from the tuner… so not really sure what your friends had. I now have the iQ4

I don’t know WHY I haven’t bothered to try this before, but I decided to plug my rabbit ears into my iQ3 tonight and see what the EPG to see what comes up.

This is a little odd, it will only bring up the local NBN9 and not Nine Sydney, but I get both Prime 7 and 7 Sydney. And there’s no WIN.

I have to go into the full EPG to get 7two and 7 mate (both versions) as there’s only one 9Go/9Gem and One/Eleven.

If you receive both you can choose between them in Terrestrial Channels > Local Channel Sources. You can also switch been FTA and satellite as well (if the channel is available on satellite in your area and you can tell the difference between the two).

Thanks!

I’ve JUST figured that out, though I don’t get why it will show both Prime 7 and 7 Sydney, but it won’t do that for both 9NBN and Nine Sydney and Ten/WIN.

I got this months bill and i expected it to be higher than normal, given i upgraded 2 IQ boxes to the IQ4. I didn’t expect it to be as high as it was. it turns out they charged me $100 to upgrade the IQ2 to the IQ4, despite promising me on the phone it was $25

I called them up and had to threaten disconnection just to have them look into the matter, as they claimed i got an email that said i would be charged $100 and thats what i will be charged. Anyway I got a call back today (the day after they tried to direct debit my account, but i put a stop to that) and they have advised they listed to the call and have credited me $75

They’re so fucking stingey. I wonder why they’re losing customers. Can they hurry up and go broke already?

No, I need my FOX Sports, at least until live sport can be streamed reliably in full HD to mass audiences and isn’t 30 seconds to 1 minute behind the radio call.

Foxtel used the first portion of $30 million grant by Federal Government to help cover the cost of broadcasting 12 sports in the last financial year: AFL, soccer, rugby union, rugby league, cycling, lawn bowls, surfing, Ironman, surf lifesaving, cricket, basketball and hockey.

Does any one know when Foxtel new 4k channel will start showing 4k content? I thought it may of been October 4th for some reason but it seems that could be wrong. Anyone know?

Bathurst 1000 in 4k

• Key Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 events to make debut in 4K
  • Ad break free coverage for the first time ever
  • Supercars’ Great Race to be delivered like never before

Foxtel will create Australian television history by broadcasting the nation’s iconic motor race, the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 and Supercars in 4K ultra high definition.

More

4K Broadcasting

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/australian-first-for-bathurst-broadcast/

Supercars CEO Sean Seamer said the 4K technology would be brought to the mountain in partnership with Foxtel and Gearhouse.

“We are proud to be able to deliver the Bathurst coverage through this innovative partnership with Foxtel to bring the best technology available in the world right now,” Seamer said.

“With the support of Foxtel and Fox Sports we have trialled the cameras at the last two Supercars events and as recently as the Sandown 500 on the weekend. The pictures are extraordinary.

“Supercars is a sport of colour, sound and movement. The cars, the action, the colour and the event will be captured like never before in 4K. We couldn’t be any more excited.”

This year’s event was launched at Sydney’s Circular Quay this morning.

Foxtel brings FX Originals stars to Sydney

Dominique Jackson and Indya Moore from Pose, Mayans M.C. star JD Pardo and Mr Inbetween director Nash Edgerton to visit Sydney next week

Pose screens Tuesdays at 8:30pm AEST

Mayans M.C. screens Wednesdays at 8:30pm AEST

Mr Inbetween screens Mondays at 8.30pm AEST from October 1

Foxtel’s showcase channel, the leading destination for premium drama, will bring stars of the FX series Pose and Mayans M.C. to Australia next week to celebrate showcase as the Home of FX Originals.

Lead actor JD Pardo from Mayans M.C . – the next chapter in Kurt Sutter’s Sons of Anarchy saga and new hit drama series – as well as actresses Dominique Jackson and Indya Moore from Ryan Murphy’s groundbreaking dance musical series Pose , will visit Sydney next week to promote the two series which are currently screening and streaming on Foxtel.

Pose star Indya Moore will also attend the Women In Television Breakfast as a special guest panellist on Wednesday, September 26. The Women in Television Breakfast event celebrates and inspires women in the television industry and Indya will speak about her own journey as a groundbreaking transgender actress, and the challenges, successes and lessons she experienced along the way.

Australian director Nash Edgerton will also travel to Sydney to promote upcoming new FX Originals drama series Mr Inbetween , alongside star and creator Scott Ryan and cast members including Brooke Satchwell and Matt Nable.

Pose is a dance musical set in the 1980s exploring the juxtaposition of several segments of life and society in New York: the ball culture world, the rise of the luxury Trump-era universe and the downtown social and literary scene. Making television history, Pose features the largest cast of transgender actors in series regular roles, as well as the largest recurring cast of LGBTQ actors ever for a scripted series. Pose has been the most critically acclaimed series and has been announced for a second season.

Dominique Jackson plays shrewd house mother, Elektra Abundance, reigning queen of the ballroom community. Model, actress, author, advocate and activist, Dominique Jackson is a leader in her community having been awarded several accolades for her work as a humanitarian and activist. A fashion model since 2000, Jackson has appeared in national publications and walked the runway for major designers including this year at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York.

Indya Moore, plays Angel, a Puerto Rican streetwalker, who wants nothing more than to find true love. An actor, model and activist, Indya has appeared in Vogue and GQ and worked for

major fashion labels Gucci and Christian Dior. In 2017, she performed alongside Katy Perry and Migos on Saturday Night Live .

Mayans M.C . is the next chapter in Kurt Sutter’s award-winning Sons of Anarchy saga.

JD Pardo plays Ezekiel “EZ” Reyes, fresh out of prison and a prospect in the Mayans M.C. charter on the Cali/Mexi border. EZ must carve out his new identity in a town where he was once the golden boy with the American Dream in his grasp.

Born and raised in Panorama City, JD Pardo caught the eye of critics for his portrayal of Gwen Araujo in the 2006 Lifetime movie A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story, which chronicles the true story of a transgender teen who was murdered by four male acquaintances. He has appeared alongside the likes of Emma Stone in the FOX series Drive , and was cast in Guillermo Arriaga’s film, The Burning Plain , starring alongside Charlize Theron and Jennifer Lawrence. His other film credits include roles in Summit’s final instalment of the Twilight Series, Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2, and opposite Dwayne Johnson in the action thriller Snitch .

Mr Inbetween is an Australian six part drama series created by and starring Scott Ryan and directed by Nash Edgerton. The series is inspired by the critically acclaimed feature film The Magician , written, directed and starring Scott Ryan who introduced audiences to the very funny and very dark world of hitman Ray Shoesmith. In Mr Inbetween , Ryan reprises the role as the charismatic, yet volatile hit-man and also serves as the series writer. Driven by dark humour and off-beat conversation, the series follows Ray as he navigates his chilling business, while also maintaining friendships, parental responsibilities and a fledgling romance.

Foxtel’s showcase is the home of FX Originals featuring must-see programming including American Horror Story Apocalypse, Mayans M.C ., Pose and Snowfall as well as other cult following series The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead . showcase is also the exclusive home to Foxtel’s own award-winning original dramas, including Wentworth , A Place to Call Home , The Kettering Incident and Secret City , which continue to break new ground and win local and international praise.

Pose streams on Foxtel and screens on showcase, Tuesdays at 8:30pm AEST.

Mayans M.C . streams on Foxtel and screens on showcase, express from the U.S., Wednesdays at 7:30pm AEST.

Mr Inbetween streams on Foxtel and screens on showcase, Mondays at 8.30pm AEST from October 1.

Women in Television Breakfast

FOXTEL WOMEN IN TELEVISION BREAKFAST FINAL LINE UP ANNOUNCED

Foxtel today announced the final line up of accomplished and admired female personalities for the almost sold out annual Women in Television Breakfast on Wednesday 26 September 2018.

This year’s keynote speaker is the esteemed Susie Porter (Award Winning Australian Film & Television Actress), and starring on the panel discussion is the incredible Asher Keddie (Award Winning Australian Film & Television Actress), current star of Foxtel’s showcase drama Pose Indya Moore (Actor, Model & Activist), Julie McGauran (Seven Network Head of Drama) and Amanda Laing (Foxtel Chief Commercial Officer), with Jacinta Tynan (Sky News Presenter, Journalist & Author) as event MC.

With a remarkable list of acting credits including Wentworth, Love my Way, Puberty Blues and upcoming feature Ladies in Black , Susie Porter will take to the stage in the multi-award winning actresses’ first keynote speaking appearance.

Joining the panel is the TV Week Gold Logie and multi-award winning actress Asher Keddie , best known and loved for her role as Nina in Offspring , plus multiple credits including Love My Way, Underbelly Blue Heelers and her portrayal of Ita Buttrose in Paper Giants: The Birth of Cleo.

Currently in Australia to highlight her role on Ryan Murphy’s groundbreaking dance musical series Pose on Foxtel’s showcase, international transgender actor, model and activist who has appeared in Vogue and GQ, Indya Moore will also join the panel discussion.

Highly respected media executives Julie McGauran Head of Drama for the Seven Network and Amanda Laing Foxtel Chief Commercial Officer will also take to the stage for the panel discussion to share wisdom from throughout their successful careers.

Sky News Presenter, Journalist and Author Jacinta Tynan will take to the stage as MC for the event, also sharing inspiration as one of Australia’s most experienced reporters and Sunday Life Columnist where she is respected as a commentator for her generation.

Hear from some of the most inspiring women working in television and learn how they achieved success at Australia’s biggest event for women in media in Australia. Now in its 16th year, the Women in Television Breakfast attracts over 700 individuals working in the industry.

Foxtel’s Women in Television Breakfast will take place at Doltone House, Darling Island Wharf on Wednesday 26 September 2018. Final tickets available here: https://www.book-this.com/women-in-television-breakfast-2018/event/ticket

EDIT: Delany also said AFL and NRL matches would be shown in 4K for the first time from next year, with selected games getting the treatment.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/television/afl-to-be-broadcast-in-4k-ultra-high-definition-foxtel-to-launch-netflix-of-sport-offering/news-story/c6d5443712f8b3ffa5c9c35f33504937

This may or may not sound crazy but with all these new streaming channels launching recently i.e foxflix, fox showcase dose anyone else suspect that foxtel may be leaning towards some sort of streams channel for live sports overflow rather then launching more sat based channels

That article is spot on. $10, maybe $15 is the most I’m prepared to spend.

If Telstra wants to give me a discount or bundle it with my phone, I’m also willing to listen.

$20-$30 won’t work.